Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mages in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You dont always need to skill switch as a mage.
    I use a phone and me tryna do that will get me killed easily lol
    #SmurfPride

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000:1639007
    Maybe mage is not doing that great in 1v1 but in team fights they are priceless and they usually score the most kills.
    I fully agree.

CTF is intended as a team game, I always say this: Ctf is a team game, play it as such and you will have no problem. You cant really go about expecting to win over all the classes in pvp 1v1s because all classes have weaknesses; in 5v5 they all are balanced.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So then give us some team stats. MMOs are all about stats and leaderboards. If this is supposed to be a team game, then give us the team stats so we can compete. Right now the stats are all individual stats, so we all compete for those individual stats, and mages are at a big disadvantage when it comes to that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually, this is not a divider between those who have fast hands and those who don't. It is a divider between those who play on a PC and use a keystroke macro that can switch skills in a few microseconds by pressing one button, and those who play on a mobile device. I don't care how fast your hands are, you can't beat a keystroke macro that is mapped to a single function button.

If AL is to be a real mobile game, then those who actually play on a mobile device cannot be at a disadvantage.
    Actually you're wrong about that also...people unfamiliar with macros think they are the ultimate cheat in PvP when they are not. I have tested switching this way and I assure you I am much faster by hand. There are layers of screen delays which render macroing skills useless. Also, there is no substitution for playing by hand on a phone (some prefer tablet) PvP is all around disadvantage to PC players. There is at least a 0.3 second delay you must acount for at each screen during switch on Chrome, and that is running with absolutely no lag and no app latency. Enter a 5v5 and you must slow down the macro to as slow as 1 second per frame. And that's assuming u have no lag and that the game is going to recognize each click you recorded.

...Macroing skills is a myth and a poor excuse for people who refuse to learn new methods and evolve their play. I know because I've been accused of macroing many times. Macro is not even half as fast as my switch and that is truth.

(Sidenote: when you switch between 6 and 7 skills as I do you have to make adjustments in the moment. You cannot set up a permutated macro for each specific scenario which arises during play. Not when you have a high chance of death within a few seconds.)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conradev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So then give us some team stats. MMOs are all about stats and leaderboards. If this is supposed to be a team game, then give us the team stats so we can compete. Right now the stats are all individual stats, so we all compete for those individual stats, and mages are at a big disadvantage when it comes to that.
    I would support this movement although I see potential abuse due to the prevalent ganging and spawning of many top guilds.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk