Thread: Locked Crates are a HUGE plus for poor players...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Locked Crates are a HUGE plus for poor players...

In case you haven't noticed, because a pink comes in every locked crate, there is a huge supply of items that have pretty good stats, yet their prices have fallen to under 1k each. This is a HUGE bonus for poor players and those who do not spend any plat. It allows them to buy very decent gear for very small amounts of gold. You could do some bards quests and a few daily quests and have enough gold to buy very decent gear. It won't be the best, but it will be 80-90% as good as the best, and will certainly be good enough to compete and enjoy the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I wouldnt be that happy...Its really actually bringing the market down of other elite items. I mean the crate gear is better than L16 and L21 old elite weapons which makes their value drop immensely.
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yeah but when those items are discontinued a few seasons later they are worth money, just cheak out old discontinued items from previous crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthdlo View Post
    yeah but when those items are discontinued a few seasons later they are worth money, just cheak out old discontinued items from previous crates.
    Which is why I kept my heroic and villainous xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

They helped especially this weekend when I saw crates for as high as 50k, although I only sold the two that I got for just 30K, but I'm still happy with that
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthdlo View Post
    Unfortunately this is much like a pyramid scheme, only those who get in the door first win......

Yes, the original crate stuff is worth some money now because back then fewer players were playing AL and even fewer were opening locked crates. But now since the introduction of the mythic and arcane items, and especially now with the recent plat sale/mythic weapons weekend, there are going to be tons and tons of the crate pinks out there, probably many more items than there are total players. So there are never going to be enough buyers for all of these items for them to be worth decent money unless the total number of players in AL continues to grow very substantially.

So if you predict there will be 10 times as many players in AL next year, then it's probably a good investment to buy these crate items. If not, then I'd stay clear of them as they are just junk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

It's a double edged sword though.

Good they get decent gear for cheap, but bad in the sense it will make it harder and harder for most to ever make a large amount of gold. I say most because most people don't have the time or patience to merch.

Selling farmed chests these days isn't a great time investment.

And I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until things are changed with regards to chest gear. I foresee that soon these items won't be as good to force a change in approach for a lot of players.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Agreed. To add to the OP, a lot of gold changes hands on a daily basis just because of these locked crates. I like it!
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Yep i just brought full rogue bonechill set for 10k! Thats pretty cheap right?