Hello,
I am sorry for being a noob (I feel like an idiot), but I found very little reading material over the web about my questions. You're my hope for finding my answers so thanks in advance.

So it goes like this: I have a level 20 Ranger. My thought was I like DPS over tanks and healers, so that was my choise. And now, in level 20, some things don't get together for me.

1) What weapon shoud I use?
For my understanding I can use either Bows or Daggers. Now: Daggers are more diffensive mainly because they have more armor and you can equip yourself with a shield. On the other hand, daggers has VERY low DMG comparing to bows, to my goal was to be DPS! My main problem is that even bows, that have much more DMG than daggers, has low DMG comparing to other classes' weapons. So, how the hell is this character a good DPS? And what could possibly be a good reason to use daggers if you are willing to be a DPS? (correct me if i'm wrong)

2) Why Rangers?
This is another important question for me. If I use a bow and I am willing to be a DPS, what are the benefits of Rangers comparing it to Archers? I mean, Archers are for my understanding Archers are also a good choise for DPS. And another thing. Let's say I use daggers. I'm being a close-combat attacker with low-moderate armor and low-moderate DPS. Excuse me, but this seems like a pretty bad class. If I use bow I don't need armor so I can get the DMG to be higher and also have the privilage of distance fighting. I guess something in my thinking proccess is wrong, please correct me if it is.

3) What build should I use for being a DPS?
I guess the answer if Full Dex, but again, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks very much in advance.. And sorry for being such a noob