Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: if u have a problem killing guildies then don't join a game with them on other team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default if u have a problem killing guildies then don't join a game with them on other team

hello all,
    recently i've been seeing people apologize for killing someone in pvp. Soon I realized it was because they were in same guild. After reading through the guild section here on forums I've noticed several guild have a "do not kill another guild mate" policy. If your guild has such a policy, please be courteous enough not to join a game that has guild members on the opposite team. It's not fair for your teammates. Quite a few times i've been running behind a team mate and have gotten killed because they ran right passed opposing team members without attacking. There's enough going on in pvp without us having to plan our strategy based upon who is or isn't attacking because they're in the same guild.

Thanks

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

+1

This "we on same guild dont touch me" thing is what really ruines pvp..

NOt spawn killing, on the rare occations it happen, hey cu members *cough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah very true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

+10000

When you end up in a game where guildies are on both sides and refuse to touch each other, it just gets annoying. The competition becomes compromised, people hold back and those of us on the outside end up with unearned deaths as a result. If you really think about, guildies killing each other doesn't really affect your guild standing unless the person dying is flagging. Your guild takes a kill, earns a death. Break even. It's just the pride of the downed guildie that makes it such a big deal.

That said, I've been respecting my guild's wishes and leaving games where I join and see mates on the other side. If by chance, I miss a name and someone calls me on it, I'll still leave mid-game and take the penalty. Not a big deal. But if a guildie joins the other side after I've been in the game for some time... and starts gunning for me? Well, it's game on.

@ Swexist what happened? I'm just random member# 234980 so I'm not in the loop, but I heard you went all vendetta against CU the other day. Nothing personal to me, I'm just curious and nosy.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Long story m8, but its about of what we speak of in this topic, the rule of ruin for my team bcs i cant touch a guildy. We can talk ingame if ur interested, dont wanto blather it out public, its betwen me and just a few xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Ahh no worries man, I understand where you're coming from. No need to chat in game about it, I'm pretty sure I get the idea haha. But that doesn't mean I won't say hi we happen to cross paths at some point.

Good luck to you. Hope you've found a good home for your toon(s).

Sorry for off-topic, all. I have a bad habit of doing that.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It's pvp. Kill who you want. Don't kill who you don't want. If you don't like people not attacking leave the match.

If you want to flag, then flag.

What I do in pvp is what I do. I will chose who I attack and who I don't. Quite simple.

You have many players with different styles in pvp. Having all of them conform to the way you want to play is not realistic. You may get 1 5v5 off the bat as all meet in the center at the start. After that, it won't happen again unless the winning side waits for the other team to regroup. Good luck with that in a pug setting.

All you get is heal me... you suck... what are you waiting for...you hack...twink...move faster...move slower...use a different pet...can I have gold... why do you have traps so forth and so on..

I don't really care to respond every time with I had to use the can, I like traps, my daughter needed help with home work, my wife needed me to reset the satellite, the baby's diaper needed changed, the dogs needed let out, I was taking a drink of water or I just felt like watching you die.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    +10000
    Stay here 1000 days and you can achieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    It's pvp. Kill who you want. Don't kill who you don't want. If you don't like people not attacking leave the match.
    That's absurd

Stuff like this is a big part of why I don't PVP.
    Last edited by Rare; 05-21-2013 at 11:33 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If you want to flag, then flag.

What I do in pvp is what I do. I will chose who I attack and who I don't. Quite simple.

You have many players with different styles in pvp. Having all of them conform to the way you want to play is not realistic. You may get 1 5v5 off the bat as all meet in the center at the start. After that, it won't happen again unless the winning side waits for the other team to regroup. Good luck with that in a pug setting.

All you get is heal me... you suck... what are you waiting for...you hack...twink...move faster...move slower...use a different pet...can I have gold... why do you have traps so forth and so on..

I don't really care to respond every time with I had to use the can, I like traps, my daughter needed help with home work, my wife needed me to reset the satellite, the baby's diaper needed changed, the dogs needed let out, I was taking a drink of water or I just felt like watching you die.
    well, the way you play pvp isn't right then. It's called capture the flag so if you aren't trying to capture the flag you aren't doing it right. Also, maybe you should try to be considerate of others and if you're going to go afk or not help your team then you should leave the game. This attitude is exactly why we need to be able to host pvp matches and boot players.

The attitude now a days is "there's no right and wrong", "everyone is entitled to their own opinion", "I have the right to do what I want" (I'm talking in society as a whole and not only in mmo's). Trying coming into work at 10 am when starting time is 8 am and tell them you can work how you want. Or go play a baseball game and run to second base without going to first base. There are rules and principles that go along with life. Some of the basic principles of ctf is it's the red team verses the blue team and the first to capture 5 flags wins. So if you're noobing it up on purpose then you should have the courtesy to leave and let others play the game as it's intended to be played.
    Last edited by wvhills; 05-21-2013 at 12:19 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I like traps,
    Most op skill.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Skidmarkz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

^+1
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    That's absurd

Stuff like this is a big part of why I don't PVP.
    Not sure why it is absurd.

PVP is just that pvp. I personally would change it to make the rules a little more harder.

Basically pvp in games have gone from losing equipment/experience and having penalties to everyone sitting around screaming... that's not fair.

You want fair? call a buddy to join.. fight more and learn techniques and different sets of armor to wear against your opponents or different pets instead of relying on slag all the time.

Just my take on pvp. To each their own.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

PVP is just that pvp. I personally would change it to make the rules a little more harder.

Basically pvp in games have gone from losing equipment/experience and having penalties to everyone sitting around screaming... that's not fair.

You want fair? call a buddy to join.. fight more and learn techniques and different sets of armor to wear against your opponents or different pets instead of relying on slag all the time.

Name:  nyan.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  6.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

What makes it absurd is that ctf is a team game. And like a lot of people you are saying "I'll play how I want. My way. And if you don't like it leave"

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    well, the way you play pvp isn't right then. It's called capture the flag so if you aren't trying to capture the flag you aren't doing it right. Also, maybe you should try to be considerate of others and if you're going to go afk or not help your team then you should leave the game. This attitude is exactly why we need to be able to host pvp matches and boot players.

The attitude now a days is "there's no right and wrong", "everyone is entitled to their own opinion", "I have the right to do what I want" (I'm talking in society as a whole and not only in mmo's). Trying coming into work at 10 am when starting time is 8 am and tell them you can work how you want. Or go play a baseball game and run to second base without going to first base. There are rules and principles that go along with life. Some of the basic principles of ctf is it's the red team verses the blue team and the first to capture 5 flags wins. So if you're noobing it up on purpose then you should have the courtesy to leave and let others play the game as it's intended to be played.
    Sorry to be snarky, but I missed the CTF rule book. If you really aren't enjoying the match why can you not leave? That is what I do not understand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have been of that mind for the better part of my 50 or so years on the planet. I do have the right to do what I want in the confines of the systems put in place. Just as you do. If I wish to leave match, I can. If you wish to, you can.

I do come to work at 10 when starting time is 8:00. I take 2 hour lunches and leave early. I also come in 2 hours ahead of time and leave 14 hours latter. I also do everything no one else wants to do on top of what my title entails.

Why would I run to second base? That is just silly.

I get called noob a lot. I prefer to noob it up thank you.

I guess I can distinguish between life and pixels in a game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    What makes it absurd is that ctf is a team game. And like a lot of people you are saying "I'll play how I want. My way. And if you don't like it leave"
    Isn't that what you are telling me?

What if I decide to capture the flag 30 minutes or 60 minutes from when I enter? Wait for me please.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skidmarkz View Post
    Most op skill.

Shhhhhhh! everyone will start respec'ing to traps! Next you'll give out my speed passive secret.

Lady_Pebbles

I completely agree with Aedenos & WvHillz. CtF is a team based arena PvP. Its not 1v1. Its not entirely FFA either. It is all about working as a team to gain goals. Thats it. If you're inconsiderate of your team mates, want to just do your own thing and not help out, just farm... you'll eventually end up losing team mates and find yourself being farmed.

While we're on the topic btw... there is no such thing as KSing in CtF. Team based arena with some FFA elements doesn't mean you're actually in a 'everyone for themselves' type of match. Hell not even DM in the other games are fully FFA. I.E... if I see my team mate about to die, Im gonna help 'em. Period.

@Aedenos: Remember.. payback is soooo sweet too tho. Lol. Hit me up whenever you wanna PvP. Lets get guild matches going hahaha.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-21-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Omg THANK YOU! The rule of no killing guildies only works with games who have an open world pvp..... Dont enter the arena with this rule if you cant be sure that there are no guildies on the other team. It makes for stacked teams and empty rooms..... ridiculous.

On another note, if the guild prides themselves in having the best pvpers lol let them be.... for you never get better at pvp if you never play the "best." All they are doing is destroying their own guild with this rule
    Chilicrush - Rogue