Thread: does napalm still drop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

We had some good hive runs earlier, shame about the drops though :-) next time though! Hopefully lol XD
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    I like the way you think, but I still believe my statement is true. Let me elaborate: If you could care less about what variant of Napalm you get, you also have to add in the OTHER variants of the other weapons, because you don't want those. So four variants, multiplied by three weapons, plus the one that represents the Napalm, is 13. Which is a less than 1% chance of getting a Napalm with Miner's Luck.
    Hmm. Now that you explained it, I can see your logic.

However, the part that I'm having trouble with is lets say b = bioneural, f = fused, d = dark-matter, and p = primed.

____________________(Flux Cannon)__(Chrome Phoenix)_(Phase)
    You were saying it was b + f + d + p + b + f + d + p + b + f + d + p + any napalm. Where I'm having trouble is you have the value 1 representing one value (variant) in the beginning of the equation, but then you have it representing any napalm, so four different values (variants) at the end of the equation.

The equation is for drops, so i think it would have to be the above formula, with the 1 for napalm actually being 1(b + f + d + p) because although you don't care, there are still four possible napalm drops, albeit you want them all.

Another way I thought if it was actually laying out the possible drops. (using the letters from above.)

b,f,d,p, b,f,d,p, b,f,d,p, b,f,d,p
    unhappy unhappy unhappy happy
    If you're happy with any napalm, you're happy with a quarter of drops. You're happy with 1/4 of the drops. Since the drop rate is the same for all the pinks, you should get a napalm 4:16 times you get a pink = 1:4.

Also imagine a spinning wheel game-show style thing (sorry for the long post, I'm just free-associating what's running through my head). If you're happy with a quarter of the options on the wheel, then you have a 1:4 chance of being happy when it's spun. If you're happy with a whole quarter of it (four sections in the quarter for each variant), you can't count that probability as the same as one of the small sections which represents one variant. There's 16 sections, so the probability of hitting one is 1/16. You like any napalm, so that is 1/16 * 4 = 1/4.
    Last edited by FluidShot; 07-01-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.