Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: As much as i freaking love this game..,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default As much as i freaking love this game..,

I still miss the ability to move my own camera around,à la every other Spacetime masterpiece, i understand from what Ive read else where that the lack of such a function has something to do with the graphics being so intensive and the game having small bandwidth to work with, but i could deal with slightly less pretty graphics to be able to move my camera, does anyone else still miss this function even while still being a big fan if the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Devs explained they wouldn't implement this feature, not just because it would be too intensive for your device but rather that they created the artwork with a fixed viewpoint in mind. The angles you don't see don't have any geometry to them. This means that if they would make the screen rotatable, a lot of weird stuff would be shown while doing so (Sam posted a pic of the messed up geometry a while back).

So yeah, even if we'd like to see this feature, devs made it clear it was never going to happen.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We have been over this a lot . It also has to do with access ability and ease of play. Try handing pocket legends to to someone and watch how they get their camera whacked out when they try to move around. Then look at some other popular dungeon crawler games out their and notice their use of a fixed camera view. The vast majority of players have never played one of our other games. A fixed camera just works better for most.

We all get where you are coming from, but the camera isn't planned to be changed. Thanks very much for your understanding and have fun in Arcane Legends!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I like the fixed camera. I've tried first person shooter games but always found myself disoriented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played a lot of Dl(still play) before AL., and I always ran with camera locked... with the exception of when I needed to do a screen capture(photo).

So far my the locked camera is just fine. That said I do have a problem with beams, and other structures/items blocking the view when you pass under them. If they could go transparent or just disappear that would be great.