Thread: pvp win/loss ratio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Default pvp win/loss ratio

I see a lot of players in pvp caring only about their kill/death ratios and not about winning the game, probably due to the fact that you get no recognition from winning. The inspect page should show wins and losses along with kills and deaths, especially since we are talking about ctf rather than a deathmatch. Ctf is a team game, and instead, it's full of players trying to get loads of kills. Surely the only way to change that is to offer rewards for winning or adding a win/loss section on our inspect pages.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

hey mat bro it has been a long time since i saw you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I barely actually finish the game.

We need flag return stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Win/loss ratio would be pretty awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotpimp:1107140
    I barely actually finish the game.

We need flag return stats.
    Or an overall "team flags captured". I dont often go for flags since im squishy, so sometimes I sacrifice myself so that the tank can get back with the flag. If I didnt do it the tank wouldn't get back most of the time, but the only recognition I get from it is a death, making me look like a bad player for being a team player
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    I see a lot of players in pvp caring only about their kill/death ratios and not about winning the game, probably due to the fact that you get no recognition from winning. The inspect page should show wins and losses along with kills and deaths, especially since we are talking about ctf rather than a deathmatch. Ctf is a team game, and instead, it's full of players trying to get loads of kills. Surely the only way to change that is to offer rewards for winning or adding a win/loss section on our inspect pages.
    Win/loss ratio add the ratio of how many times you quit a certain pvp game. ^_^ we will see then how many times a person quit a game.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

There should be a reward for winning the game. Maybe something like a story token, called maybe PvP Token or something. Maybe we could buy one of the Nordr pets using those.

A reward for most flags would also be nice, although since the max is 5, there won't be much point.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Haha love that idea!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Thanks, would also love to see it implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

It would be great to see this implemented, but I see lots of potential problems. There seems to be a lot of potential for abuse even with this system. When do you decide when to give people credit for the win and/or loss and how do you prevent people from gaming the system?

Do you just need to be present for the last flag capture? If this was the case everyone on the losing side is going to abandon the game before the last flag capture to avoid getting a loss. Imaging this scenario. An overpowered team of close friends or guild mates starts a game. They farm kills for a while preventing the other team from getting flags, but do not capture flags themselves. When they feel like they have had enough kills, the get flags until they have 4 and then everyone leaves the opposing team. They then switch sides, since no one else will join at this point and farm another 5 flags until they get the win. You could also still have friends or guildies on the opposing team, causing it to lose, but leaving before they get credit for a loss.

Ok, so this doesn't seem to work too well. So how about we say that you need to be present for the scoring of at least 3/5 flags to get a win or loss? Sound like a good idea? This could lead to games basically being over after 2 flags are scored by a team as everyone would leave the loosing side after 2 flags to prevent getting a loss.

Hmm, so how about a penalty for leaving early? This obviously punishes those people without a good social network or pvp guild. Those people the have friends that will notify them of good games to join and will win out. Those that do not will keep joining random games and when they find out that they were unlucky enough to join a losing team against an overpowered team, they will either have to stay and get kill farmed and eventually score a loss, or leave and get penalized. This does nothing to alleviate the stacking that we are all familiar with at the beginning of games with 5 people continually joining the same team at the beginning and picking off/farming random unsuspecting people who join the disorganized opposing team. In fact it rewards those people who stack and punishes those who take a chance by joining the side with only one or two players.

Hmm, so this gets to another point.... would we need some sort of menu system to see all the games in progress, how many goals have been scored by each team, how many players are on each team, who is on each team, or at least which classes of players are on each team? This of course is also very complicated with many potential problems, but if you are looking to win games, wouldn't you like to know what type of game you are joining, especially if you might be penalized for leaving early?

Overall I think a great concept, but the fine details of its implementation make it almost impossible to set up a system that would be fair and prevent people from gaming the system... Perhaps someone knows of a system from another game that works well?

Edit: sorry for the long rambling post and edit, but perhaps not giving an overall win or loss, but giving the whole team credit for flag captures would solve a lot of these problems and encourage teams to work together for flags.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-26-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I was talking about the whole team getting one, not just the person who got the most flags.
    I see no reason why the opposing team would leave. Would that idea make the game any different from how it is now? I agree they would have better chance of winning elsewhere, but kills could stlil be a motivation.

Nice writeup btw.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    There should be a reward for winning the game. Maybe something like a story token, called maybe PvP Token or something. Maybe we could buy one of the Nordr pets using those.

A reward for most flags would also be nice, although since the max is 5, there won't be much point.
    LIke this ? CTF REWARD SYSTEM 3 IN 1 although this thread i made died. due to only few people support lol.