Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-05-23 Content Update (121268)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

most people need Polish Banner!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

OK, rogues really need to learn to complain. It seems it has some great power to get buffs.
    On a more serious note, you really should do some skill refinements with rogues since last nerf affected so much our gameplay. Atleast I have noticed a major difference. :/ Anyways, good job with warrior weapon, more damage=more aggro, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Well it might need some refinement in case someone finds a way to exploit it but no, it's not just for the weekend.
    The only exploit I can think of is maybe a warrior does his axe throw from the room and sucks you in and then kills you while he's invulnerable. I think the invulnerability should end once you attack someone (or maybe once you use any of your skills or weapon attack).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Are these invulnerable people allowed to attack? Because if they can, near-death players will end up running to the spawn rooms hoping to get protection from their invulnerable friends.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

that is not the only one that got fixed. sts forgot to mention you cant fight alpha wolf alone anymore on the bridge

it resets when it goes within the bridge area no way am i wasting pots on this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameplay View Post
    The spawn room people will camp outside of it until the others run out of it
    It's better than getting killed before being able to move. As a spawn ganker and gankee, I enjoy the spawn room invulnerability. Only has one bad thing about it, which is people may just camp in there for a full game. But you can just capture the flag.

Edit: I realise now that if they attack they don't lose the shield. This should be fixed asap as people are exploiting it pretty badly atm. (Running out then back in to their invulnerable teammates to kill people)
    Last edited by Slashdatgash; 05-23-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Is it just me, or agro on heal came back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

this is my fave
    Players who die in PvP will now be invulnerable until they leave the spawn room.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1107261
    Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Well it might need some refinement in case someone finds a way to exploit it but no, it's not just for the weekend.
    The only exploit I can think of is maybe a warrior does his axe throw from the room and sucks you in and then kills you while he's invulnerable. I think the invulnerability should end once you attack someone (or maybe once you use any of your skills or weapon attack).
    Great idea

OT: Very nice update!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    that is not the only one that got fixed. sts forgot to mention you cant fight alpha wolf alone anymore on the bridge

it resets when it goes within the bridge area no way am i wasting pots on this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    You're not wrong... this kind of pisses me off because that was the spot I ran the most. Before, if I couldn't find a good party to run with, I knew I at least had there to run... thanks STS, you took away the one spot that I actually logged in to run.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Good update! Thanks STS!

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

nice overal update.

just one thing why no better odds for mythic and arcane also in elite golden chests (war-, banded)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is anyone know what's the use of new npc at brackenridge village?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nofree View Post
    Is anyone know what's the use of new npc at brackenridge village?
    What new npc? He was never there.. ))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Sounds exciting! I hope that the issue with Chrome Update is fixed.
    Last edited by Wowsome; 05-24-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I like the update overall, seen several issues with spawn invulnerability...players simply Camp there and dare you to come in...we even tried getting a person out with two axe throws in a row, still didn't work. ..players are running to their invulberable friends and we can't follow or we are dead.., ive also seen how its easier to fix games, (put someone of other teams side, and just kick it after you die once ) that pissed me off, because nobody can kill him....there has to be a time limit...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameplay View Post
    The spawn room people will camp outside of it until the others run out of it
    Yeah great idea but this will happen.

I say keep flag area where they are and relocate spawn to middle with several ways to exit to help reduce spawn camping.

Spawn camper sits at one of three entrances and u can leave another one. Once out of spawn u can't go back in so even if camper chaes one guy out and kills...he can't go back in and wait and chase again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

People are exploiting the permanent shield thing in several ways and there is an easy solution. Just put a timer on the shield for like 30 seconds. Or just make it so they also deal no damage while shielded. Here are some ways people are exploiting already:

- One person gets the flag, runs it to their spawn and dies so the flag is picked up by the shielded guy. Since he is invulnerable, they can just farm and ruin CTF.

- It takes a coordinated team effort of at least two people, but I've seen two warriors do it already. When the enemy flag carrier is running past your spawn hallway, a warrior in the hall uses axe throw and a second warrior that is shielded uses axe throw and pulls your own flag into your spawn. It's then impossible for the other team to win.

- Any pull or knock back skills can also be used to pull someone out of the safe area.

For the solution, I think considering the reason it was added needs to be considered. If it's too prevent spawn killing, a timer would work. If it's so people can idle or quit after a death, perhaps make it so it is unlimited time but drops as soon as you attack or use a skill. Also make it so a shielded person can't touch a flag without losing the shield.

Thoughts?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I like the update overall, seen several issues with spawn invulnerability...players simply Camp there and dare you to come in...we even tried getting a person out with two axe throws in a row, still didn't work. ..players are running to their invulberable friends and we can't follow or we are dead.., ive also seen how its easier to fix games, (put someone of other teams side, and just kick it after you die once ) that pissed me off, because nobody can kill him....there has to be a time limit...
    Had a few taunting us last night being invuln. One or two would do the run out and run back. We just just rushed in and killed the ones that weren't invuln and ran back out again. Made the fight quite interesting and fun.

Would rather see a time limit on the shield and maybe a speed buff so they can run past the campers.

It was kinda fun entering my first match having 3 gankers sitting there waiting. Free kills for me. Silly them they came back again too.
    Last edited by Syylent; 05-24-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Had a few taunting us last night being invuln. One or two would do the run out and run back. We just just rushed in and killed the ones that weren't invuln and ran back out again. Made the fight quite interesting and fun.

Would rather see a time limit on the shield and maybe a speed buff so they can run past the campers.

It was kinda fun entering my first match having 3 gankers sitting there waiting. Free kills for me. Silly them they came back again too.
    Thats when you invite good ol' me, flozz and I were pulling em and stunning with pets all the way out because they didnt want to come out.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.