Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spawning Bubble~Pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Lightbulb Spawning Bubble~Pvp

A Suggestion::; a 5 min timer on this bubble, so people cant sit in the spawn and just talk non sense a.k.a. "Camping"...it completly stalls the match until they or never come out.... FEEDBACK::;?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madxnoob View Post
    A Suggestion::; a 5 min timer on this bubble, so people cant sit in the spawn and just talk non sense a.k.a. "Camping"...it completly stalls the match until they or never come out.... FEEDBACK::;?
    I second this, again. :P

The bubble makes it useless for 1v1's too. When someone spawns and interrupts the on-going match, you can't even kill them. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Well ima go ahead n say it...(its a team game) we know, but it coming down to a staring contest now or whoever talks the other out of the game... Guess if everyone's happy with it? Ill be hosting staring contest* Dont Blink!* ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

what is the point in playing pvp if you don't want to come out to fight? What is this nonsense? lol

Edit: I'm not talking about you in particular. I've just seen several posts about "camping." I don't see the logic behind this tactic.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol exactly the clue lies in the name itself 'Player Vs Player'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Laocagrid For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I'm not sure how it "stalls" the match. The point of Capture the Flag is to do just that, Capture the Flag. If the enemy team is sitting in their spawn room then you have freedom to take their flag and cap it and win.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I think most of us just wanna kill each other, u can only get so many flags before its just blah.

Lady_Pebbles

It doesn't stall anything lol. Maybe now players will actually go for the flag instead of kill farming in spawns all day. #aboutfreakentime

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I'm not sure how it "stalls" the match. The point of Capture the Flag is to do just that, Capture the Flag. If the enemy team is sitting in their spawn room then you have freedom to take their flag and cap it and win.
    Why not take the kill counter off in the next update right? According to you, kills don't matter. In fact why have CTF kills in the leaderboards at all.

I'm not saying that the bubble was a completely bad idea, all I'm saying is that there should be a reasonable time limit within which they are allowed the invulnerability shield.
    Or have a rule that if they attack the shield comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

It doesn't stall anything lol. Maybe now players will actually go for the flag instead of kill farming in spawns all day. #aboutfreakentime

EDIT: people do go for flags in the games I play, I don't know what bracket you play in. Most games last between 5-10mins.
    Last edited by Laocagrid; 05-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laocagrid:1108156
    Why not take the kill counter off in the next update right? According to you, kills don't matter. In fact why have CTF kills in the leaderboards at all.

I'm not saying that the bubble was a completely bad idea, all I'm saying is that there should be a reasonable time limit within which they are allowed the invulnerability shield.
    Or have a rule that if they attack the shield comes down.

EDIT: people do go for flags in the games I play, I don't know what bracket you play in. Most games last between 5-10mins.
    I love this guy! Thats exactly what I had in mind.
    Credits to Iady

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

A timer would be great, who needs to sit in a spawn longer than 2-3 minutes..I dont think the attack thing would work because then all you would have to do is provoke their pet :+)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

A timer would be great, who needs to sit in a spawn longer than 2-3 minutes..I dont think the attack thing would work because then all you would have to do is provoke their pet :+)

What if pets were not included in the equation, pets do negligible amount of damage compared to the actual toon itself and all classes have healing skills.
    I'm just throwing ideas out there to show some kind of compromise...

EDIT: However, I know nothing about programming games and it might be near impossible to achieve this. I myself personally would prefer the timer option.
    Last edited by Laocagrid; 05-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Chemotherapy - lvl 11 warrior, Frostyfarts - lvl 11 sorcerer, Sirlagsalot - lvl 23 warrior, Poostache - lvl 23 sorcerer, Guaposmuggler - lvl 26 warrior

Lady_Pebbles

I don't really see the point of havin the timer... like Samhayne said, just go for the flags, get the goals and game over. Tadaaaa! No waiting. Or find another match now that its easier to leave them.

And I play @end game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Nvm

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't really see the point of havin the timer... like Samhayne said, just go for the flags, get the goals and game over. Tadaaaa! No waiting. Or find another match now that its easier to leave them.

And I play @end game.

If the CTF part of the game mattered there would be a CTF win/loss count and leaderboard. But it doesn't - there is no recognition or reward for actually winning the game, however there is an incentive for getting kills.

The game isn't enjoyable when, lets be honest, all you do is capture the flag. Which in essence is the actual objective of the game but without kills I don't exactly see it being popular.

I'm mostly in lvl 10, recently made a lvl 15 to see how it's like there.
    Last edited by Laocagrid; 05-24-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Chemotherapy - lvl 11 warrior, Frostyfarts - lvl 11 sorcerer, Sirlagsalot - lvl 23 warrior, Poostache - lvl 23 sorcerer, Guaposmuggler - lvl 26 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Well, ya dont give us timers...What do we do? Find away around it :-) So it takes 2 warriors to chain bait a player from spawn, 4 will throw them n the middle of the game....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So I'm guessing you guys are not going to implement a system where if you attack someone (while in spawn with the shield on) it will go away?
    Some people prefer just PvPing, rather than capping the flag. If you're going to keep the shield exactly how it is right now.
    Add a deathmatch arena like one of your other games supposedly has. It seems a bit dodgy that someone can ALMOST die, then run into their spawn and get protected by a player that's impossible to kill.
    And on that note, the flag also takes away your health. So someone can sit in spawn, the second you get the flag they have better chances of winning 1v1. Whereas, before the shield was implemented, you could kill a player, then quickly get their flag and be too far ahead of them to worry about dying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdatgash View Post
    So I'm guessing you guys are not going to implement a system where if you attack someone (while in spawn with the shield on) it will go away?
    Some people prefer just PvPing, rather than capping the flag. If you're going to keep the shield exactly how it is right now.
    Add a deathmatch arena like one of your other games supposedly has. It seems a bit dodgy that someone can ALMOST die, then run into their spawn and get protected by a player that's impossible to kill.
    And on that note, the flag also takes away your health. So someone can sit in spawn, the second you get the flag they have better chances of winning 1v1. Whereas, before the shield was implemented, you could kill a player, then quickly get their flag and be too far ahead of them to worry about dying.
    I second the idea of having a deathmatch arena, have a free for all or team deathmatch option. If CTF is to be kept just for flagging then give us a game for kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default <3

Ty, Spacetime for the changes <3 If I could buy you a diamond I would <3 You guys will be best mobile game every year:*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree with Sam. Flags are much harder to get than kills, so I get every flag I can whenever I can. I always go for flags first, then kills second, yet I still got 5 times as many kills as flags.