Thread: health/mana potions! plz read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default health/mana potions! plz read.

Now, as we are being able to get higher levels, which means higher health and mana why are the potions that are a must use necessity in this game not giving more restore abilities..or attest have a higher potion that Costa little more but not much cause they are expensive as it is now, and plz dnt make them for platinum , the game is really really benefiting platinum buyers more and more every week when will the ppl who have bills and are tight on money get a take chance at stuff
    platinum buyers get. or allow us to sell items we get with free offers such as vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ok, I did read. Now what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I think u should use some periods in your paragraphs. Probably make your ideas a bit more concise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

People find any reason to bash on someone, typing on phone and can't see the words I type until done and re read and not going to fix a petty issue when 90% of people online abbreviate and so on. but I know some people get joy out of putting others down, making them look bad or making yourself look ans feel good at someone else's expense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I do not think he is bashing you or putting you down at all. I do agree with him. We buy pots with gold... i don't think they will change that. Since I have reached a higher level, I do not have to use as many potions. An important thing to realize is if you have a full and balanced party, you should not be using many potions and maybe none at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That is true. but at times u may need them. just was.trying to state the more health we have more potion it takes to refill health, and guess
    I haven't gotten in a good enough party to where make it all the way threw elite tanking with using no potions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That is true. but at times u may need them. just was.trying to state the more health we have more potion it takes to refill health, and guess
    I haven't gotten in a good enough party to where make it all the way threw elite tanking with using no potions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

The thing that peeves me the most is not health but mana. My mana always runs out and if I don't have a mage with mana heal handy or my nexus pet i have to use mana pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leeelooo View Post
    The thing that peeves me the most is not health but mana. My mana always runs out and if I don't have a mage with mana heal handy or my nexus pet i have to use mana pots.
    Sorcerers aren't rogue's slaves. Mana pots aren't that expensive, just saying.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I don't know about warriors, but I don't see how any sorcerer or rogue can make it through elites
    without using a ton of health and mana pots, even with a mage with lifegiver. Even as a mage who
    theoretically should not be getting too much aggro I go through about 100 pots (of each) every couple
    runs. I agree, this game is very pot intensive and pots are a huge gold sink, as is feeding pets. It would
    be nice if there was a good place to farm for pots (like plasma pyramid in PL), but if you really run a lot
    of elite runs you make far more gold than you will spend on pots and pets in the long run....

Then again you can see my opinion on mages and mana by looking at the name of my new toon below...
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-25-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

use rogue. then use ripmaw nd flapjack.
    problem solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    use rogue. then use ripmaw nd flapjack.
    problem solved
    When you're being mobbed or fighting a boss, that +8 regen doesn't keep you from having to use pots.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

You can use jack for mana regen. He's pretty cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The OP is asking for potions to give a little more than they do now to keep up with the higher level cap. Hes talking about them scaling up better because they cost a lot, especially for non platinum users. Thats all.

Its not about what a good party you are in or what pet you are using, if you have a sorc in your party, or even about your grammar/english skills.

Oh, and I agree, potions should scale up better and/or cost less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Potions are a massive gold sink for me regardless of what pet you use even flapjack or other regain pets (don't have nexuz) they help very little.

My rogue burns through mana and mana potions due to high consumption of mana required to use your skills and nothing except a sorc or someone with nexuz seems to help temporarily, one normal juran woods map 50+ mana potions maybe 10 health. For example a rogue with in between 1,000-1,500 depending on their skill set uses about 7-10% of mana each charge skill more or less

As for doing elite maps it depends on many factors, your party, is their a sorc, are they bad or good, do they heal and what pets are being used by everyone.

If the party is solid i usually don't use a lot of health potions but tons of mana, if the party is bad usually end of spaming potions and having to resort to buying potions from the which has happened so many times. So i guess in between 100-200+health and 200-400+ mana potions.
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-28-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I don't know about warriors, but I don't see how any sorcerer or rogue can make it through elites
    without using a ton of health and mana pots, even with a mage with lifegiver. Even as a mage who
    theoretically should not be getting too much aggro I go through about 100 pots (of each) every couple
    runs. I agree, this game is very pot intensive and pots are a huge gold sink, as is feeding pets. It would
    be nice if there was a good place to farm for pots (like plasma pyramid in PL), but if you really run a lot
    of elite runs you make far more gold than you will spend on pots and pets in the long run....

Then again you can see my opinion on mages and mana by looking at the name of my new toon below...

It's your build. We do runs together quite often, so I notice that you have a total damage, no defense type of build. When I run Elite Mines I probably use about 15-20 health pots each time and rarely do I need a mana pot. But for example, when we were doing the KM3 runs yesterday, I probably used 3 health pots and zero mana pots the whole time. But mine is a much more defensive build. With pet I have 2600+ health, 800+ armor, and have shield and heal skills. Heal replenishes mana, and both heal and shield have longer cool downs than attack skills, so I don't use mana as quickly in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It's your build. We do runs together quite often, so I notice that you have a total damage, no defense type of build. When I run Elite Mines I probably use about 15-20 health pots each time and rarely do I need a mana pot. But for example, when we were doing the KM3 runs yesterday, I probably used 3 health pots and zero mana pots the whole time. But mine is a much more defensive build. With pet I have 2600+ health, 800+ armor, and have shield and heal skills. Heal replenishes mana, and both heal and shield have longer cool downs than attack skills, so I don't use mana as quickly in general.
    Yep, full offensive build skill wise for now as I am not really doing PvP anymore. Although for elite runs I also have my health above 2600 and armor above 800 (actually probably more defensive than you are now as I am not as stinking rich and I don't have the mythic armor and helm anymore but instead Noble of Security armor and helm) and I boost it even higher when getting to the bosses with a defensive ring and amulet. I have pretty much dropped lifegiver for a full PvE build since late season one/early season two, but since then I have probably respeced over a hundred times trying out all different combinations of builds. I just can't stand doing PvE with only fireball and light as offensive skills to make room for shield and lifegiver, although that is partly do to my playing style. I also still burn through a ton of pots even when I do have lifegiver, but then again this is also partly do to my playing style, being fairly agressive, and sometimes too much so (my death count reflects as much ). I personally feel that good crowd control from a mage is almost as good or even more important than providing health and mana, but this may just be my distorted impression.

Anyways, back to the concern of the OP. Does it really take more pots to refill a health or mana bar than it did way back in season one, or with a low level toon? I have always felt that it takes two to three pots to go from an almost empty health or mana bar to a full one regardless of the level you are and how much overall health or mana you have. What has changed is how much pets replentish health and mana as 4-8 h/s and 4-8 m/s does not mean as much anymore. This is the same issue with the pets having a fixed dex/int/str boost becoming less powerful than the pets with a 15% damage boost as we become higher levels and our damage increases.