0 Posts

Default Fix PvP

Please fix PvP it's so dumb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Dang this kid is going off.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Let's put some actual thought into how to fix pvp. Saying "Fix PVP, it's so dumb" without any suggestions or feedback is... well, "so dumb"

Here are just a couple of well thought-out ideas for how we could tackle the problem without causing further imbalances or irking non-PVP related aspects of the game:

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Lots of valid points and ideas thrown in this thread.

About Pally vs Bird I think I have currently the best insight as I play PvP only with my lvl 76 Bird. It all depends on luck in that as well. Unlike most ppl think, it doesn't depend on if my blast hits but it's all about how my blind and roots hit and how pally's fire hits me. Technically I will win if pally misses the fire as I get close enough to setup my combo but if my blind misses, the pally has a chance even if his fire misses due to Savage sets immense damage.

IMO the easiest way to fix unbalanced PvP is to nerf all buffs tremendously and increasing both armor and health pool. Best ideas are always good to throw around but we have to be realistic in STS wise.

PvP and PvE sets would be more than outstanding. The way this would be done effectively would be that:

1. Elite items couldn't be used in PvP arenas
    2. A new stat implemented in PvP gear which increases armor, health, mana and damage only in PvP arenas.

As Elite gear would be disabled in PvP arenas (Elite weps, superduperfastcapreward) the use of regular gear would be decreased especially for birds. But if STS somehow truly turned their attention to PL once in a while, they would add a stat which would make PvP gear superior in PvP arenas while PvE gear would stay superior to PvP gear in PvE. I'm not talking about big differences, but there should be enough difference in stats that PvP gear is preferred in PvP and PvE gear is preferred in PvE. But both sets should still be viable in both PvP and PvE as too big of a gap would completely seperate the PvE and PvP community. PvP gear would be optainable only from a special PvP gear vendor, and to be eligible to buy the set, u would need enough PvP kills to buy them. There would be different lvl sets which u could purchase. The catch would be that u would need those PvP kills only at current lvl area to buy that lvled PvP gear, not like "15k kills overall and u can buy this set". As an example, u would need to PvP at lvl 75-76 PvP to get that gear's required kills, like 500 kills for one piece of armor, which u would unlock gradually piece by piece. PvP simply needs some incentive. Adding PvP gear would be the first step for doing so as PvP community is really large in PL.

IMO Elite Rings shouldn't be disabled in PvP arenas. Sure, they could be nerfed IMO but to actually disabling them would be a slap to veterans face. I've earned my 3 piece black drag elite ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    Hmmm... Perhaps the devs could make "PVP-only" equips as well as "PVE-only" equips? I feel like that's the only way there is going to be a balance in both relms of PL at this point.

The PVE players need certain stats in order to execute their role properly. That's understandable considering how brutal some of the maps may seem, having these "OP" stats may actually be most necessary for survival. The way "balance" is achieved in PVE is by identifying which classes can execute their role(s) fluidly vs other classes executing their role(s) fluidly against the PVE mobs and bosses.

The PVP player need certain stats that will aid them in their own functioning role (ie: Birds=dps, Bears/Rhinos=tanky, Mages=AoE nuke, Foxes= cross dps-nuke). Now having a faster pace of PVP as the level of PVP increases is an ideal concept. However, there isn't a way to establish balance in PVP when the PVE players require equips that cause an imbalance when the classes are fared against each other. Therefore, if there were equips that offer stats in PVP and also equips that offer stats in PVE, balance could be established in both realms.

Not only would both branches of the PL community be happy with something like this, but it would also present STS with more money-making opportunities as well. I'm not saying to make PVP or PVE plat-based, But perhaps different maps to farm for PVP items/sets and maps to farm PVE based sets. There would be shifts in the economy, allowing STS to offer second-(or third)-to-best equips from premium packs to kickstart players as they pursue better equipment in their campaign maps. Perhaps an improved Luck Elixir for these maps could be available?

I'm saying this problem as not "totaled" PL; it can still be fixed. But as PL's community, I feel it is us who need to find ideas to help STS help us enjoy our experience. Giving them blank rants about "dodge OP", or "Birds OP" only gives them half the information and no options. Who'll be testing these things? STS? Of course not, they're too busy for that. I think if they had players volunteer to help them troubleshoot, and I mean really go in depth with mechanics the way Physiologic did with his guides, then STS might actually give these things a shot.

If I'm not the only one willing to donate some time trying to fix the problem, then let me be the first to say "I volunteer to run tests for PL PVP"
    I feel if enough of us really put some effort into fixing PVP, so will STS.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Leave pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lvl up or just farm and chill other whys have a break until next upday, they may have something new. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Or just get better at it O.o
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone