Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing CTF Back For Good!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Bringing CTF Back For Good!

The Intro

Hello everyone. It's me, Micah! I feel I've spent far too long on my lazy bum and not helped the community enough so here goes. I had an idea a couple of weeks ago and thought about turning it into a thread. However, I was too lazy to do it and I guess part of me was thinking in the back of my mind, "That will never work." I decided, though, to go ahead and share the idea anyways! I thought that perhaps with the recent level 50 tourney, this just might turn into something dandy after all.

The Problem

Ok, so everyone knows that capture the flag is about as good as player versus player gets. And I'm not talking about Rockwall forts or that new fiery capture the flag place which had a similar format. I'm talking about Castle Keep-Away, The Halls of OIO, etc. You know, the big 5v5 levels where people actually try and get the flag to their team! Where strategy and free for all is involved rather than smack talking and teaming. Where people actually have fun, laugh a lot, and make great friends.

However, everyone also knows that capture the flag is practically non-existent anymore except occasionally at end game. In my experience it's not so much because people don't want to capture the flag anymore, but more so because there's never enough people on at a time in order to host a full game. Or, people get lazy waiting for others to arrive because let's face it, sometimes it can take a good hour and still not enough people show up. Either that, or the level is so unbalanced that player versus player isn't even fun anyways. These problems are exactly what I'm hoping to change in this thread.

The Solution

Alright, well I'll start by saying that this solution is not given to me by divine inspiration or anything like that! It's just a simple suggestion by a guy who'd like to play some fun capture the flag. Nothing more. If you don't like the idea, then I'm sorry. I happen to love the idea and really think it could work out if people want old school capture the flag once again just like I do. The idea honestly isn't anything spectacular at all. Anyways, I'll stop beating around the bush now.

The idea is that I will host a capture the flag game every single week at a set time. This is arguably going to be the hardest part of my entire idea. Finding a time. Everyone has different schedules, and everyone can't always be on at the same time. However, I think there are enough people that are interested in capture the flag so that it won't really be such a huge issue.

So the question now is, "What time?" I, myself am in Eastern central time and I'm thinking that the best day for a capture the flag game would be on a Saturday (anytime) or Sunday afternoon. (I have church in the morning, or else that would be fine as well.)

Extra Clarity

Before I move on I want to make a few things clear. The capture the flag game will only be for level 50-55s wearing 50 gear. I'll host the locked game on my level 50 bird named Mightymicah and the password will be quite simply "Mightymicah." (Be sure and get the first capital "M".) Then I will wait for players for one hour and only one hour. If the game fills up in that time, we play some good old fashioned capture the flag. No bad sportsmanship, no KDR freaks (I'm guilty of that as well, don't take offense ) and just no crap in general. This includes a ban on the use of Halloween items or forgotten weapons. Yes, I consider those crap. If you don't, well, you can stuff it. I reserve the right to boot you if you do anything that ruins the experience for those involved. However, if not enough people show up in that hour, or the game simply doesn't fill up, I will wait until the next week. I will not stop repeating this process until I quit Pocket Legends! (So never...) If I'm busy on a particular Saturday I'll see if I can't have someone else set up the capture the flag game for me.

Why Level 50?

I thought about this for a long while and I ultimately decided on level 50 for three reasons:

1. There are freaking free sets! Cyber and mystery aren't amazing, but they're not bad by any means. Void, rift, and cosmos are great as well and are fairly cheap. Basically the set up as far as sets go is amazing. You get what you pay for and everyone, both rich and poor, can afford to fight with the best of them.

2. The player versus player at that level is very balanced! Arguably, it is the most balanced that player versus player will ever get. Certainly 1v1 can get a little rough, but we aren't talking about 1v1. We're talking about capture the flag. Enough said...

3. The recent tourney hosted by SwimmingStar has brought a bunch of people to 50! I know you guys have level 50s. Why not join me and do some capture the flag just like old times?

4. I know I said three reasons but I felt I'd unofficially add this one. I already have a level 50 as a main so I didn't wanna have to make a new character...don't judge me.

The Response I Need From You

I can't do this all by myself! I'm going to need some help. However, I'm a pretty beastly guy so I only need a teeny bit of help. Just kidding of course, but seriously. I'm going to need some help. There are really only two things that I need from you guys reading this thread right now:

1. Spread the word! I think that this is going to be a really big thing if everything goes well. In order for it to go well, however, we have got to spread the word! Tell your friends, and tell them to tell their friends! Let's get everybody to level 50 doing some legit capture the flag. Is there anything else worth playing in this pathetic, sad excuse for a game aside from capture the flag at level 50? (Don't kill me, devs. It's just a hyperbole )

2. This is the most important thing. I need, need, need you guys to shoot me the times that you're able to play and the timezone you're in. You can post it in your reply to this thread, or pm it to me. Either way works, but, if you're interested, you've got to send me your time! I'm certain I won't be able to include everybody, but I'll try and make the time fit for most of you guys!

Recap

Ok, so here's a quick recap for all you Dory's out there with short term memory loss. I'm tired of lame player versus player and I want some old school capture the flag back. I've decided to start hosting a capture the flag game each week at a certain time and I'll be waiting there for an hour. You gotta play by the rules or else you'll get kicked out, but I welcome anyone and everyone who wants to join! This won't happen without your help so please try and make this work if you want some fun.

The Schedule/Record

I'll edit in this section the date and time that I will be hosting the match each week. This section will constantly be updated every single week! I plan to start the first one this week. I'll state four things each week. These things will be whether or not the capture the flag turned out a success, how many matches were played, and how long it took for the game to fill up. For example, let's say I hosted it yesterday and the game filled up in 20 minutes and we played two matches. Then it would look like this (bear in mind that the first two, date and time, will be edited ahead of time.):

(Example):
    5/25/13
    Time Scheduled: 5:30pm Eastern Time
    Success or Failure: Success
    Matches Played: 2
    Time Until First Match: 20 minutes

First match!
    6/1/13
    Time Scheduled: 6:00pm Eastern Time
    Success or Failure: Failure
    Matches Played: 0
    Time Until First Match: 0

6/7/13
    Time scheduled: 8:00pm Eastern Time
    Success or Failure: ?
    Matches Played: ?
    Time Until First Match: ?

Conclusion

The conclusion is simple. Come join me! I'll be hosting the match each week! And don't forget to shoot me your times and spread the word! And by the way, pardon any spelling or grammar errors. I literally wrote all of this on my iPad notes and then copy and pasted it to here.

Time Zones

Here are the United States time zones! The first match will most likely be at 6pm Eastern time. I'll confirm this before Saturday.

Take care, y'all,
    -MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 06-07-2013 at 06:50 PM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

i like the idea and 3:00PM east is a perfect time for me i get bored of "ctf" at 10-71 where its go fights so ill be there!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    i like the idea and 3:00PM east is a perfect time for me i get bored of "ctf" at 10-71 where its go fights so ill be there!!
    Awesome! Now hopefully more people will join and it won't be me vs you. Lol

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Yes!!! The only, true CTF match I had was at lvl 30/35 with griffinfan, boot daddy, and few other randoms.
    Tho one tiny eeny bitty problem...I only have 56 sm..BUT, I do have rift set. So probably I wont be able to join.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Micah, you're a saint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Micah, you're a saint.
    Haha well I need a good slap upside the head from Crimson every now and then, but thanks! I try

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Yes!!! The only, true CTF match I had was at lvl 30/35 with griffinfan, boot daddy, and few other randoms.
    Tho one tiny eeny bitty problem...I only have 56 sm..BUT, I do have rift set. So probably I wont be able to join.
    You got all the time in the world to make a new toon, bro! And double xp weekend isn't over yet!

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1111355
    Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Micah, you're a saint.
    Haha well I need a good slap upside the head from Crimson every now and then, but thanks! I try

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    You got all the time in the world to make a new toon, bro! And double xp weekend isn't over yet!
    And. My. Sentinel. Bird. In. the. Making. Keeps. Getting. These. Noob. 1.25 armor. Blessings.
    UGH. keep getting XP elixirs on pvp chars .-. And 3x on pvp chars too..and farmers.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

I love you for posting this thread Micah.
    I'm in for sure.

Suggestions: Increase the number of matches to 5 or so. Everyone is gonna be scrambling to join.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I'm down.

-Contrasted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    I love you for posting this thread Micah.
    I'm in for sure.

Suggestions: Increase the number of matches to 5 or so. Everyone is gonna be scrambling to join.
    Awesome, and what do you mean? We can do lots of matches if there's lots of people. I'm not sure who all will join though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    I'm down.

-Contrasted
    Awesome! Got a particular time you prefer?
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 05-26-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I'm in once i get a good set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post

Awesome! Got a particular time you prefer?
    6pm est would be ideal, but that would be quite selfish of me to expect everyone to agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    6pm est would be ideal, but that would be quite selfish of me to expect everyone to agree.
    Awesome, well, if that's the time that works, that's the time that works!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootdaddy View Post
    I'm in once i get a good set
    Awesome, got a time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'll be seeing you in L50 PvP, Micah...

I'm making each class shortly.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Yes I'll play too. Hmm so this is what you were talking about huh bro? Haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

I Has A L50 glow stick Mage In making Cya Soon Micah! Well Exams Are here till friday.. But After I'll Lvl Her
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Awesome, well, if that's the time that works, that's the time that works!

Awesome, got a time?
    Any particular time will be fine with me, most the time that is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Let's go, usually later is better for me but I'm open to whenever! I lvled a new L50 Mage called neutralized and ill see you then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Anyone know why keeper drops 1 totem the majority of the time? ._. I swear it used to be 2...

Anyways, count me in!

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

[QUOTE=MightyMicah;1111499]Awesome, and what do you mean? We can do lots of matches if there's lots of people. I'm not sure who all will join tho

Awesome!
    When will we start doing these matches?