Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythic Amulet and Ring Available Now in Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

NO, I love my DmG! An Assassin can get away with low Crit reflected on the stat sheet so long as you keep stackin that AS.
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 05-29-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Because Crit % chance is "worth" a lot more in terms of value for an item. 3.5 damage is nowhere near as potent, so the rogue neck gets a higher secondary stat. I don't want to particularly make the items copies of each other so I'd rather keep it a crit chance item but beef it up a little.

Currently testing out 39 INT, 16 STR, 3.25% Critical Chance

What you have to realize is that crit chance is an extremely dangerous number to be generous with. 100% means just that and would be devastating. 100 damage, most of you have probably passed already. These numbers can't be compared at the same value.
    This sounds a bit better than before. And yes, most sorcerers (and all players actually) seem to want only damage at the expense of almost anything else. Whether or not damage is better than crit all depends on your build. If you are like me and only have 2 offensive skills (Fire & Lightning), then crit is surely better than damage since one of those 2 skills is Lightning which gives a nice crit bonus. However, some players have 3, or even 4 offensive skills, and for them most of the time the crit it is only a moderate bonus and less than double the damage. So for them, a 1% increase in damage is better than a 1% increase in crit. Most mythic mages now are running around with around 320-350 dmg, so a 1% increase would mean 3-4 dmg total. When you add a ring with 3.5 dmg increase, it results in more than 10 dmg to your stats (after being multiplied by your bonus dmg number), so that amounts to a 3%+ damage increase. So clearly the crit must also be 3%+ to be considered just as powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

i dont even use lightning, i use fire and cold. i also like to solo for pve kills and there 1 hit is most of the times enough to kill monster, with DoT it kills for sure, but if i take off my infused of assault and put for example gleipnir, i need to hit twice. so i dont really want to have 3% and some change chance to kill it with one hit...
    we have more than enough cheap noone wants jewelry with bonuses to crit and dodge, we dont need another one and another one on mythical item... so you are also copy pasteing those crits from jewelry of tactics etc...
    you would make life easier for all, not just for 1% players if you just boost already most used amulets and put some extra effect since its mythical, more expensive, more harder to get. so for mage, for example, put some crit and armor on infused amy of assault few more int, few more dex, few more dmg and you have mythical amy that every mage wants...
    i can live with fact that my mythical helm has less defense and hp than noble of security since its lvl26, ok. but common lvl 31 mythical amulet which has 10-15 less damage and dps...

but on the other hand, at least ill save some money if i dont buy new myth amulet, and ill earn some on selling lockets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azemeazed View Post
    i dont even use lightning, i use fire and cold. i also like to solo for pve kills and there 1 hit is most of the times enough to kill monster, with DoT it kills for sure, but if i take off my infused of assault and put for example gleipnir, i need to hit twice. so i dont really want to have 3% and some change chance to kill it with one hit...
    we have more than enough cheap noone wants jewelry with bonuses to crit and dodge, we dont need another one and another one on mythical item... so you are also copy pasteing those crits from jewelry of tactics etc...
    you would make life easier for all, not just for 1% players if you just boost already most used amulets and put some extra effect since its mythical, more expensive, more harder to get. so for mage, for example, put some crit and armor on infused amy of assault few more int, few more dex, few more dmg and you have mythical amy that every mage wants...
    i can live with fact that my mythical helm has less defense and hp than noble of security since its lvl26, ok. but common lvl 31 mythical amulet which has 10-15 less damage and dps...

but on the other hand, at least ill save some money if i dont buy new myth amulet, and ill earn some on selling lockets.
    Or put dmg to the warrior amulet. I use the arcane pendant potency in pvp, with dmg,str main and int secondary stats, useful for my shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

or ... OR... you can trust your initial judgment...
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq:1115582
    NO, I love my DmG! An Assassin can get away with low Crit reflected on the stat sheet so long as you keep stackin that AS.

Thats a problem. Mages can't get away with using crit over dmg/dps because not one of our skills stack... (i.e. Lightning is a lot like Aimed Shot but doesn't stack the way AS does). AS stacks a whopping 5 times one after the other! THAT alone should be enough for yall lol.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Aimshot stacks twice lol, not five times.....

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich:1115744
    Aimshot stacks twice lol, not five times.....

Five. Times. A friend of mine had me watch her stats rise as she stacked it... so either its a bug that players are exploiting or the 2x stack is a bug.

Edit: Or was it patched recently? O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It stacks 5times, i use to get 90 crit with ribbit , unless something changed which i doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I guess I don't understand how rogue skills work, but how do they get critical hits with 10x damage when the best I can do is 2.5x with lightning strike?

I look at rogue's stats on their inspect page and it shows similar damage to what I have as a sorcerer, but the best I can do with a critical hit is about 1400 dmg, but rogues can kill me with one arrow and hit for more than 2800. How is that possible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

As always rogue buffed, other classes not.
    Seriously, I think there play only rogues in news development... Wth...

This is mythic?
    Rogue amu yes... 2 other just sux...

Edit:
    Yes they changed crit buff duration 10 sec -> 5 sec. So now it only stack 2-3 times.
    Last edited by ishyrionek; 05-29-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Five. Times. A friend of mine had me watch her stats rise as she stacked it... so either its a bug that players are exploiting or the 2x stack is a bug.

Edit: Or was it patched recently? O.o

Rogues can only stack aimed shot's crit bonus 3x now. 2 second cool down and lasts for 5 seconds. So you can only get to 30% crit bonus now. This was a bug and was fixed. Before it was up to 50%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I guess I don't understand how rogue skills work, but how do they get critical hits with 10x damage when the best I can do is 2.5x with lightning strike?

I look at rogue's stats on their inspect page and it shows similar damage to what I have as a sorcerer, but the best I can do with a critical hit is about 1400 dmg, but rogues can kill me with one arrow and hit for more than 2800. How is that possible?
    Just play a rogue its easy to figure out. Here are the standard upgrades:

Accuracy - Damage increased by 10% for each successful aimed shot
    Critical Shot - When you achieve a critical hit, damage increased 250%
    Deadly focus - Increases critical chance by 10% for 5 seconds (with cool down of 2 seconds, stacks 3 times)
    Shatter armor - Targets armor is reduced by 15% for 5 seconds

Add in Shadow Absorption from Shadow Veil gives you another 15% damage. So now you can do the math. Play a rogue for a while and even at a low level you can really do some impressive damage. And this is probably why they don't want to boost the crit bonus to anything significant then it'll be very attractive to rogues just like ribbit's arcane ability.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Because Crit % chance is "worth" a lot more in terms of value for an item. 3.5 damage is nowhere near as potent, so the rogue neck gets a higher secondary stat. I don't want to particularly make the items copies of each other so I'd rather keep it a crit chance item but beef it up a little.

Currently testing out 39 INT, 16 STR, 3.25% Critical Chance

What you have to realize is that crit chance is an extremely dangerous number to be generous with. 100% means just that and would be devastating. 100 damage, most of you have probably passed already. These numbers can't be compared at the same value.
    I think you might be overestimating the value of crit. Here's a few threads sorcs have on the topic of crit vs damage.

This is a tool to calculate overall true DPS (including skills, crits, etc with randomness to be more realistic).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...dps-calculator

Here is some testing done on crit vs damage (clyde vs colton and passive crit vs passive damage):

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post997910

Their testing shows that crits on staff/gun do about 130% damage, and skills around 140% (lightning 250% if it's got the boost).

"So, in the end, crit seems to give about 0.5% dps increase per 1% crit (assuming you have Lightning 250% in your build). Without Lightning it is close to 0.35% dps boost to 1% crit. While Dam% gives you about 1:1 ratio."

So you give that amulet a 3.25% crit chance and it will increase my overall DPS by about 1.14% (without lighting 250%, 1.625% with) where the 3.5 dmg (including bonus damage %, so an actual increase of maybe 12 dmg) is an increase of about 3%.

If crits gave double this would be different, but we really don't need rogues being even more godly than they already are so we sorcs are stuck with ignoring crit if we want to deal the most damage possible.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Math hurts.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Beautifully put Valsacar

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Highest damage I have done with a critical is 2124 with lightning strike on BloodHammer .... could hardly do critical 1300 on a warrior and 1500 on rogue...
    A rogue kills me with 2900 damage of a critical shot....

Rogues are leaders in :
    1. Damage
    2.Critical damage (Mythical damage lol... unimaginable)
    3.Speed
    4. No wonder Leader boards are filled with rogues for all ,elite dungeons, tombs and Kraken mines records
    5. Some rogues don't even need a warrior or sorcerer partners ... cos we all have hp and mana pots...

Even if sorcerer team do use elixir.. still dont' have a chance to come on to leaderboards cos still we are too slow (using Shiloh and speed elixirs too)
    We sorcerers always need rogues and warriors as partners to come onto leaderboards.. :/
    Where do Sorcerers have an edge????? Can a mage team compete in speed to come onto leaderboards???
    Last edited by Linkincena; 05-30-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Highest damage I have done with a critical is 2124 with lightning strike on BloodHammer .... could hardly do critical 1300 on a warrior and 1500 on rogue...
    A rogue kills me with 2900 damage of a critical shot....

Rogues are leaders in :
    1. Damage
    2.Critical damage (Mythical damage lol... unimaginable)
    3.Speed
    4. No wonder Leader boards are filled with rogues for all ,elite dungeons, tombs and Kraken mines records
    5. Some rogues don't even need a warrior or sorcerer partners ... cos we all have hp and mana pots...

Even if sorcerer team do use elixir.. still dont' have a chance to come on to leaderboards cos still we are too slow (using Shiloh and speed elixirs too)
    We sorcerers always need rogues and warriors as partners to come onto leaderboards.. :/
    Where do Sorcerers have an edge????? Can a mage team compete in speed to come onto leaderboards???
    To sidetrack a little :

That's more about level design flaws imo. Interestingly, for certain dungeons a full rogue team just won't quite cut it, u'd also need the help of (a) mage/s to get the best times. Granted, there aren't many.

Problem is, the current map designs are pretty point A to point B. This puts rogues at a clear advantage. The map/mob designs don't require full use of the mage/warrior skills to the point they would be needed in a rec-running team. In most cases, they just slow the party down. Rogues are a catch-all class.

I'll give u an example of point A to point B. Try hauntlet with a full rogue team. Then bring in a mage and see how the little blue guy fares against the rogues' dash. Boss down and our poor smurf is still trying to make it across the bridge lol. Not pretty. In case u're wondering, we're talking about one of the best baby mages around. Invest in better map designers. Hire people with Asperger's or something lol I dunno - some are genius at engineering dimensions and spaces with perfect sprite dynamics.

Aaanyways, glad to see more mythic gear emerge. Dunno bout u guys, but these don't really look like keepers to me, just hidden bling bling that cost too much ka-ching ching.. gonna hold out for all the arcane stuff :-)

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how can i change my picture here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrueOrigin View Post
    To sidetrack a little :

That's more about level design flaws imo. Interestingly, for certain dungeons a full rogue team just won't quite cut it, u'd also need the help of (a) mage/s to get the best times. Granted, there aren't many.

Problem is, the current map designs are pretty point A to point B. This puts rogues at a clear advantage. The map/mob designs don't require full use of the mage/warrior skills to the point they would be needed in a rec-running team. In most cases, they just slow the party down. Rogues are a catch-all class.

I'll give u an example of point A to point B. Try hauntlet with a full rogue team. Then bring in a mage and see how the little blue guy fares against the rogues' dash. Boss down and our poor smurf is still trying to make it across the bridge lol. Not pretty. In case u're wondering, we're talking about one of the best baby mages around. Invest in better map designers. Hire people with Asperger's or something lol I dunno - some are genius at engineering dimensions and spaces with perfect sprite dynamics.

Aaanyways, glad to see more mythic gear emerge. Dunno bout u guys, but these don't really look like keepers to me, just hidden bling bling that cost too much ka-ching ching.. gonna hold out for all the arcane stuff :-)
    Absolutely Correct Trueorigin....
    I Suggest .. The Mythic Item should be giving 50% to 100% movement speed to sorcerers.. as being the squishy class...
    Sorcerers should be having the running away ability...
    Last edited by Linkincena; 05-30-2013 at 02:07 AM.