Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Drop rate of glyph is to low

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    Well unless I have missed a thread stating so, I would think the level cap will raise eventually. I think it should raise to 80 or so. At least 70.
    Course it will. Never said it wouldn't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I liked the drops rates of the first day nuri's came out...and the first day sandstone caves came out...and the first day shadow caves came out...notice the trend?
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, I never said OP is whining. I said Anyone whining should stop so I'm also with you on this. I wear crap gear not because i can't afford the best, but because I don't think I want to spend that much. If I get good gear I just sell it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Op isn't whining. He just expressing his frustration cuz he wishes he could get better gear faster.

Mmo's create a culture where just 'bout everyone wants the best gear possible. Lots of reasons for that. One reason, is great gear can make a diff in game play. Read what Pastrychef said earlier in this thread.

Another reason: a lot of times players who think "there all that" look down on players who are, for w/e reason, wearing junk and get all judgemental. Unfortuneately, many players judge other players by the gear they are wearing. Lots of players brag about actually booting players who aren't wearing "good enough" gear.

There are many, many other reasons why great gear is dreamed of by so many.

Even tho, you are "whining and complaining" about the "whining and complaining", I agree with a lot of what your saying. A player doesn't have to have the absolute best gear to get thru a campaign, any campaign. That's kinda obvious -- cuz the absolute best is rare. So, if only those with the best gear could succeed, then only a few would finish the game. That would be awful. Obviously, a mmo is not designed like that.

Famous quote: luck favors the prepared mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    You must not have a sugar momma. :P

@Neffy It means they will buy you all your stuff so you don't need to complain about the drop rate.
    I use that line on every beggar who approaches me in game - "what are YOU giving me in exchange?" I don't mind supporting PYTs..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Things must have changed for you. I saw you had a couple Glyph Armor OBEs for sale on CS.

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyingscv:428550
    Dude, I never said OP is whining. I said Anyone whining should stop so I'm also with you on this. I wear crap gear not because i can't afford the best, but because I don't think I want to spend that much. If I get good gear I just sell it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Op isn't whining. He just expressing his frustration cuz he wishes he could get better gear faster.

Mmo's create a culture where just 'bout everyone wants the best gear possible. Lots of reasons for that. One reason, is great gear can make a diff in game play. Read what Pastrychef said earlier in this thread.

Another reason: a lot of times players who think "there all that" look down on players who are, for w/e reason, wearing junk and get all judgemental. Unfortuneately, many players judge other players by the gear they are wearing. Lots of players brag about actually booting players who aren't wearing "good enough" gear.

There are many, many other reasons why great gear is dreamed of by so many.

Even tho, you are "whining and complaining" about the "whining and complaining", I agree with a lot of what your saying. A player doesn't have to have the absolute best gear to get thru a campaign, any campaign. That's kinda obvious -- cuz the absolute best is rare. So, if only those with the best gear could succeed, then only a few would finish the game. That would be awful. Obviously, a mmo is not designed like that.

Famous quote: luck favors the prepared mind.
    You're right. I didn't read your post carefully enough. So I edited my post a bit.

I don't see any need to change the drop rates. The op had a bit of good luck in fact. Sometimes, if people don't have tons and tons of farming experience they may not realize how long it can take and the randomness of it all.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm with you on this. Its human nature to want to be different, to have exclusivity. Making the best gear rare rewards those who work really hard in game. Somehow I think f the reverse is true, ie glyph drops are a dime a dozen, you get even more unhappy ppl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

So you got some Glyph OBEs? Very good!
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flickz View Post
    Why does your level even matter? Ive gone from level 54-58 at nuris and have nothing to show for it except stuff i bought..
    Same here... I consider it the same as pounding sand, so i don't even try. I put a limited amount of time into the game, since its pretty hopeless to think i could farm a full set of glyph.

I could play 24/7 for a month to get a glyph set, or I can do other things. I choose to do other things.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

They secretly changed the drop rates for everything but glyph items in a patch. The glyph items were not changed and are still the same rate which is probably around as rare as good sewer pinks. don't worry though prices will drop a lot when people farm more. The price will also change really low when a new higher level map comes out. You still get experience points unless you disable or you are already level 61. Actually that is good luck. Elixirs are proven to not boost luck by much at all and me myself along with many others have not ever gotten a glyph pink or successfully sold a new pink that is actually worth something. So that proves that YOU ARE LUCKY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I like the feeling of working my butt off for a great item and end up getting a/the great item by farming. Even if buying the item you want, it's still a great source of the wonderful taste known as satisfaction.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    I like the feeling of working my butt off for a great item and end up getting a/the great item by farming. Even if buying the item you want, it's still a great source of the wonderful taste known as satisfaction.
    Yeah, I especially love when I do over 100 runs and get no glyph. Then I see someone get two glyphs back to back on successive runs.

Congrats Applemartinii. I'm totally jealous. I hate you. j/k. I never have had that kind of luck in game.

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)