Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Your thoughts on the helm contest! Important!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warchanter View Post
    Let the devs choose or have blind entries where u enter your design to the devs only and do not make it public if you are caught making it public you are disqualified. If your caught advertising in game you are disqualified. That way no one knows who's design is who's.
    Completely agree.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A B C
    n u
    y t
    t
    h
    I
    n
    g
    Richard Nixon: Who needs ammo when you've got looks like mine
    I'm an ex-PL player gonna make a comeback, so when i do, you better be ready for Silvercreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that next time a contest like this is run, entries should be submitted via PM or e-mail to the developers and they can post all the entries anonymously, that way, people will have less idea of who's is who's (though they might have a good with examples to compare to from this contest), anyone proven to have revealed which design is theirs could then be disqualified.

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    I think that next time a contest like this is run, entries should be submitted via PM or e-mail to the developers and they can post all the entries anonymously, that way, people will have less idea of who's is who's (though they might have a good with examples to compare to from this contest), anyone proven to have revealed which design is theirs could then be disqualified.
    Agreed completely.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am pretty much disgusted with the way the helm thing is going. No offense to fabz or kavanah, but i think the community is really voting on the artist and not the art. I hate it.
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I take a cause te devs are pretty smart and can make the best choice besides the soner the better this has been goin on for a while know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just think it's kinda silly to vote on the art as opposed to the concept. Regardless of how great the art is, the winning helm will be done by the devs. The coolest helm idea/ concept should be the one getting the votes.
    Rasuch: Lvl 45 Bow Bear (MAIN)
    Riela: Lvl 45 Paladin (for now, may switch to Thoth mage)
    Trystana: Lvl 45 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A
    Why? because, u see what happens is people go for there fav. person, or the most popular and then people vote for the person with the most votes just to say "I voted For him/her!" and then the person winning could have the worst design (kavanah not directed toward you, your design is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!) and still win because people cant distinguish between a good design and a popular person anyway that's my little spiel.
    Last edited by Krome; 08-29-2010 at 11:11 AM.

http://i36.tinypic.com/33mbgc5.jpg
    Guild Preview... Http://www.Frost-Arch.co.nr
    | KlytheFtw | Lvl 38 | Arch Pure | Str - 2 | Dex - 208 | Int - 1 |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think everyone's hat should be implemented in-game.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Congradulations to Kavamah for winning the contest. It is clear that this isn't how everyone planned for the contest to go, Kavanah seemed to have played fair, and had a great attitude all the way through. Congradulations to Kavanah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually... i can't say i'm disgusted... but i would be if i cared... I don't hold the devs at fault, but between the flaming, the disqualification of one of the best designs, and the ridiculous campaigning, the whole thing wreaks of fail.

And quite frankly, everyone seems eager to be apart of this complete waste of time.
    Last edited by Azrael; 08-30-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I go with A, because you also have to consider the helm detail and design. If it's really complex, it could take weeks or even months..
    That's just my opinion..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

My view on the competition:

1. It was slightly flawed, and people used less-than-honorable methods of influence. Not extremely bad, but frowned-upon.
    2. It turned out all good. The winner, Kavanah, deserves it. And the headdress design is awesome.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Devs: OK, we will choose the winning helm ourselves and announce who won.

Community: Whahhhhhh, You didn't choose the right helm, you should at least pick 3 or 5 so we can choose!

Devs: OK, we will pick the the top 3-5 helms that have the best design, and can be best implemented into the game and have the community vote amongst those 3-5 designs.

Community: Whahhhhh, the 3 to 5 you picked aren't the ones I wanted to vote for! Why don't you just let us vote on all the helms?

Devs: OK, we will post all the hats and let the community decide in a big poll.

Comunity: Whahhhhh, this is too complicated, and the other people aren't choosing the right helms. You Dev's should just pick the helm yourselves!

Community: Whahhhhhh, You didn't choose the right helm, you should at least pick 3 or 5 so we can choose!

Devs: OK, we will pick the the top 3-5 helms that have the best design, and can be best implemented into the game and have the community vote amongst those 3-5 designs.

Community: Whahhhhh, the 3 to 5 you picked aren't the ones I wanted to vote for! Why don't you just let us vote on all the helms?

Comunity: Whahhhhh, this is too complicated, and the other people aren't choosing the right helms. You Dev's should just pick the helm yourselves!

Ad Nauseum.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you forgot the last part...
    Small Part of the Community: Grabs all the hats they can find and starts a huge bonfire while chanting "No More Hat Drama!!"