Thread: The thunderdome spec.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default The thunderdome spec.

Alright, go light on the criticism, as this is my first posting of a custom build. IF this has been done, I was unaware of such previous creation.

Now, to the build....

I never liked mages in this game... Until I pvp with one. I tried many different builds, making use of the free respecs up until today. I decided to cap my mage at 12 (currently). But this build could definitely be improved, with more skill points.

This build has many advantages, and a few disadvantages.
    PROS: Easy, easy easy 1 shots. High survivability. Good for killing any and all classes. Very high mana conservation. Good for multi-kills.
    CONS: It's hit or miss. You have roughly a 3 second timeframe to strike for maximum efficiency. Although the damage is high at first, its made for bursting, NOT DPS. This will be discussed in skills.

GEAR: Kinda low, junk gear. Can definitely be improved.
    Go for int>crit>raw damge>health.

Frozen Blaster of Brutality (12)
    -Nice for the freeze proc, and handling those pesky rogues.

Permapress Hood of Fitness (12)

Deep Sea Woven Vestment of Security (12)

Charged Circuit of Brutality (12)

Ornate Pendant of Fatality (12)

Onto the Skill section!

SKILLS: This build is built around the 250% damage dealt b Lightning Strike crits. Time Shift is nice because of the impact, plus the small dot damage, OR snare to kite around. Time Shift also has a delay before striking, allowing for a nifty little trick I'm your rotation. But that comes later..

LIGHTNING STRIKE (LS) 3/5
    -Initial point
    - +15% damage
    - +250% on crit. (Duh.)

ARCANE SHIELD (AS) 2/5
    -Initial point
    -Extended Shield (Yes, you read that right. I don't need invincibility, and neither do you.)

TIME SHIFT (TS) 2/5
    -Initial point
    - D.O.T OR Snare. Either one will play out nicely.

LIFEGIVER (LG) 2/5
    -Initial point
    - Mna restore for free heals! Yay!

INT PASSIVE 2/5
    -This is based solely on preference and level. More = better, personally.

Now... You ask "I tried it, and it sounds good on paper... HOW DO I GET CRIT FOR MY MAGE?!" My initial thought was halfing my points for dex/int on reason that mages receive bigger bonuses from dex/str now. But, each point in dex gives .17 percent chance to crit. No go. Crit and dex passives are a waste of precious skill points. Your solution lies in the next section...

YOUR PET, AND YOU: This build literally revolves around your best friend, companion, and stress relief in times of rage. Your pet. Strange, right? With the introduction of pets in PvP, a whole mess of options, specs, and general money wasting entered our day.
    But which pet? There can only be one...

RIBBIT!
    I like keeping him at level 1 for reason that the damage pets do is minimal compared to yours, it costs 25g to feed em (nice.).

BONUSES:
    - +25 STR, (a nice health bonus for us mages, further increasing your survivability.),
    - + 5 (?) Health regen.
    - And the best Arcane Ability to ever exist...
    +40% CRIT

ROTATION: Now, you have your build all that is left, is to apply it to the tops of some noobs heads. This spec has multiple branches of possibility, and can be used in various ways. I have 2 examples, of what I prefer.

1- Charged TS, RIBBIT arcane ability, (using the delay of TS, giving you the chance for another nice crit, on top of your LS), LS, normal weapon attacks, shield and heal as needed, wait for cooldown of LS/RIBBIT which is roughly equivalent. Rinse, repeat, zap.

2- Charged TS (With snare), Ribbit arcane ability, LS, kite back, enjoy your snare, normal weapon attacks, wait for CDs, heal and shield as needed, apply lightning bolts vigorously to all areas of body.

And there you have it! This was created and tested with love and care on my mage Bleuballs. Again, if this idea had been previously considered, I DID NOT KNOW.
    Please feel free to add recommendations, build tweaks, rotations, anything ON THIS THREAD. All constructive criticism is welcomed.

With love, Fairwind.
    O-¦-)
    Last edited by Fairwind; 03-18-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Mispelling. ):

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairwind For This Useful Post: