Thread: A "Tank's" Pot Use

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default A "Tank's" Pot Use

On Elite Seas, I use at least 70 health pots when I tank. I'm lvl 26 and I have over 1,100 armor and about 3800 health. Dodge is about 5%. Using Malison and spamming his arcane +15% dodge. Skills I'm using are HoR, Jugg, VB, CS (so basically a survivalist/taunting build --no real damage, just massive taunts and HP buffs). I don't think its important to list damage and dps, but mine is 164 damage and 185 dps, so its average or slightly above average, i guess).

The result while tanking on Elite Seas with two rogues and a sorc? I'm spamming health pots, dying here and there, and so is my team.

Is this normal? I can't imagine someone with 900 armor and 3200 health, as well as someone with 1400 armor and 4000+ health doing SIGNIFICANTLY worse or better (caps added for emphasis).

If its NOT normal, I'm hoping someone can enlighten me as to what I need to change.

If it IS normal (again, caps added for emphasis), then I am seriously underwhelmed by the mechanics of this game. Seriously, your greatest gear you can acquire are health pots (I mean you can't survive without them)? No wonder they are colored purple when you buy them 100 at a time, STS must consider them to be a legendary item!

So in the end, when we finally "win" Elite Seas, and I've spammed most of my 100 health pots that can cost me up to 1,500g --per run, I don't really feel accomplished that we did some amazing tactic or did some amazing teamwork. No, strikingly, I feel that health pot spamming won it for us...

I guess my assumption is that warriors are supposed to be tanks, absorb all the damage by taunting mobs for the team. STS seems to hint so, by making taunt skills more effective with this last major patch. But our survivability certainly does not warrant the title "tank." Because if the "average" geared warrior can't do it effectively, how can the title "tank" define our class?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teoijio For This Useful Post: