Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL CS Market Data

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Wink PL CS Market Data

Hi All,

A while back i attempted to create a Runescape like market data web utility (see runescapes version here http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/frontpage.ws) for Pocket Legends. It failed because it relied on players to input their sell information each time they sold and it was not integrated into the game.

This web utility would track the day to day prices of items, present their estimated worth (depending on the sell prices of items that day) and present an item history (so you can see what the trend is on that item, whether it is going up or down).

I am starting this thread as a hopeful request (no no, this is most definitely not a petition ) to STS to either a. Make a version of this web utility for everyone to use. Or B. Give me the data (details below) so i can develop it.

I believe this utility would be invaluable to every gamer on Pocket Legends, and i hope STS will go forward with one of the above options for the good of all Alterrans!

If you would want this service, please post and say so below! Perhaps if there was enough interest, STS would accept one of the above options.

Details:
    To successfully build the utility, i would need the following information from STS (option 1 and two are laid out below):

Option 1 (for each item sold in the CS) - This data could be sent to me at the end of each day:
    item_name - the item name
    sell_price - the price the item was bought for
    timestamp - the timestamp of the transaction

Option 2 - For each item that has been sold that day, calculate the average price from the sell prices (if STS does not want to give me the individual sales):
    item_name - the item name
    sell_price - the average price the item was bought for that day
    date - date of the entry
    Last edited by DanielRH; 03-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielRH For This Useful Post: