Thread: Mages arcane

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Default Mages arcane

So I've been wanting to bring this up for a while now but when I come to make the thread I see someone kind of bought it up just before me. But I'm still going to make my own thread because I love taking up unnecessary space on the forums . No its just because its going to be long and wordy and will probably go off topic from what the other thread was more about.

At this time, mages r the only class that needs 2 weapons to be the most successful at both pvp and pve. Very few wars use shield, except occasionally there might be one using to flag in pvp, but its not needed. Some rogues do switch from pvp to pve but with a specific build towards one weapon in particular they don't have to. But a mage staff is practically worthless in pvp, and while a top rifle can manage both pvp and pve, its highly underpowered compared to the top staff in pve.

Moving on to my real point, this worries me for when the arcane mage weapon comes soon. While a rogue might change from knives to bow, with the arcane weapon they only need one.... the arcane weapon. With it they will be top killer in both pvp and pve. For warriors there is really no thought needed at all. One arcane weapon. The top legendary sword and shield of same lvl would be insignificant in caparison. But for mage.. If we were to get a staff we would be awesome in pve, but the crap in pvp. Even tho it would probably even have more dmg and alot more dps, it would be worse due to the same reason all staffs r horrible in pvp. U have to aim them directly at the target and the range is terrible at that. And because ur target is always moving u don't get the chance to aim, and when u do its just for one shot. Making the high dps mean nothing. In some 1v1s it might work out but would still be harder. If we were to get a rifle on the other hand, we would be killer in pvp. But with only a little more dmg than what a staff would have but way less dps would be a great disadvantage in pve.

From what it seems to me tho, it appears sts is going to be releasing the staff. It appears to me it will go arcane knives for rogue, arcane sword for war, arcane staff for mage, then back to arcane bow for rogue, arcane sword and shield for war, and then finally an arcane rifle for mage. Seems logical. But mages will have to wait 3 more expansions (6 months) till they get an arcane weapon to own pvp? This seems not right to me. If I'm going to spend 30 million and above on a weapon, I want that to be the only weapon I have to use. So my idea bellow or at least something like it would be something I would want to see.

An arcane shotgun. A gun that gave the stats as if a staff. It would give the spread out aoe of a staff as well, but wouldn't need to be aimed. And would have more of the range of a rifle too. For appearance it would be held in one hand but shot like a rifle. And would overall look like a rifle.

So yes I know I just told what would be practically the perfect weapon for mage, and many (in particular rogues and warriors) would find it unfair. But this directly does not need to be done, but something does....
    Last edited by Erdnase; 04-26-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erdnase For This Useful Post: