Thread: Scammers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Scammers

I just want to make people aware of a certain situation which i have found myself in recently.

A one man scam is possible using 2 characters.
    I recently saw an advertisement by (someone i shall not name), in which he advertised "Trading Void wing shield or power rift armor for 2 jacob helmets of cosmos"

Knowing this was a good trade as i needed a void wing, and the value of 2 jacob helmets wasn't exactly the same value of the void wing itself, i rushed around to buy jacob helmets from friends and people i could find.

After buying one, I contacted (someone i shall not name), asking him for a trade with one jacob helmet + 150k-200k for the void wing. He turned down the offer and told me that he will be online for another hour or so if I found another jacobs helmet for him.

After 2 minutes, I found someone selling a jacobs helmet for 180k, and i quickly agreed to buying it, obviously thinking that i could still a good deal.

I only found that (someone i shall not name) was not online anymore. That was only 2 minutes, and he told me he'd be online for the next hour or so. I've been waiting for the past few hours, and i believe i've been scammed. Both parties, the person i bought the jacobs helmet from and (someone i shall not name) were the same guy... Some of my friends have confirmed it. =/

I've had a few people tell me that there have been scammers like this(unfortunately pretty smart). I just want to let all of you know not to follow what greed brought me to do.

I saw him advertising and demanded that he dealed with me

I told him to trade a void wing with me.
    *ignore matyap. he's a friend I was chatting with

Moonchu says: "OK" and then I suddenly cant find him.

A few seconds later I see rykiellau selling Jacobs helm of cosmos.

IM TELLING AS I SEE IT. I don't mind not getting my item back, but I demand justice to be brought to this potential threat to other people. If i really get FULL EVIDENCE that both characters are controlled by the same person....... *sigh* i'll be at a loss of words
    Last edited by Drewl90; 10-24-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Deadarcherx - xDeadwizx - xCyclonex - Twinkmaster
    Lvl 50 Pure Archer - Lvl 50 Paladin - Lvl 46 Tank - Twinkbear
    "Awesomeness has no limits"