I usually pride myself in never falling for a scam, but today I did....

I was selling a McCraw Egg (first decent item I've ever gotten from a locked crate) and the agreed upon price was 250k. The buyer put 250k in the trade window. I then pressed confirm, but instead of pressing confirm, he placed another item in the trade window and asked "do you need this?". It was a worthless crate pink, and I answered no, so he removed it, but it seems in the process of removing it, he went ahead and switched his 250k to 25k.

Being careless and in a rush, I just pressed confirm and didn't realize until after the trade was over that I was shorted. Of course attempts to PM him were ignored.

I'm not going to say his name here, as instead I sent the information to Sam, but figured I would post so that others can look out for this sort of thing. Always check on the final confirm page before completing a trade.

BTW, I have no idea if STS will do anything about this as technically there is no proof, but I suppose if they look at the chat logs they can see I was asking 250k and then he attempted to purchase, and then the final trade was for 25k without ever having any discussion about price. The only chat between him and myself was him asking for the egg, and then saying "do you need this?" and me saying "no". So not sure what they will do.