Thread: The real story behind the word 'nun' in PL... *Cough* Dudetus *Cough*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default The real story behind the word 'nun' in PL... *Cough* Dudetus *Cough*

Hey guys, before we get down to business, let me make the claim that I have been playing longer than Dudetus (NBD I got a founders helm).

Anyways, the word Nun originated from a very old player, and dudetus got it from Kanital WHO GOT IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Does the name ReadTitle ring a bell? Yes, in 2010, he was in his prime and was considered the best pure INT mage (with others like Mrsbanana, I was beginning to be known, etc.) Readtitle, one of my best buddies who I still talk to today, had a very interesting personality. He always maintained a good attitude about everything, but he was hella' competitive.

When he lost a fight, sometimes he would rage and use potty-mouth/no-no words, which would result in a mute. Instead of saying the word that started with an 'N', he then started using the word the Nun.

As a side note, Vulgarstrike used the word a ton. Readtitle picked it off from him though, and really spread the message around game using that word.

Readtitle and Kanital were good friends, and although Read quit before guilds/Unity were a popular thing, Read would always call Kan a 'nun' because he would always get beaten.

Basically, we ended up using that word around end game as a way to remember Read and laugh. The orginial Nun was the player Shhhnfight. But yes, we call Dudetus the 'Nun' nowadays because he has (in my view) an extremely close/comical personality to Readtitle; we also use the term in endgame a lot.

Now THAT, my friends, is the real story of how the word 'nun' originated.

Edit: To have a perspective of when this started, it was during the age of Hmmhmm, Xrax, and Skimmey, for those that have heard of them. After Thelonearcher, I consider them to be the greatest birds (56 cap). He said this a lot during the 50 cap too, when mages used Cyber armor with the staff that has a huge flaming skull on it.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-04-2013 at 01:15 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: