Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How about a PvP/CTF contest?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default How about a PvP/CTF contest?

We had a nice PvE timed run contest with some excellent prizes. Now how about a CTF tournament?

It can be in the form of a tournament where maybe 32 teams (5 players per team) enter and face off against each other. Whichever team scores 5 goals first advances to the next bracket where they face the winner of another game. Eventually there will be 2 teams standing and whichever team wins that game will win the tournament.

The 5 players on the winning team will all receive some sort of banner (maybe another contest to create this banner?), and maybe a mythic item of some sort will be awarded to each of them as well. Maybe the runner up team would also get banners.

Then you could also keep a leaderboard of whichever individual players lead the entire tournament in flags and kills, and you could give rewards for the top 10 in each of those categories. Of course, if your team is eliminated early you probably will not end up in the top 10 of either of those categories, so the first priority is to win so your team advances.

This tournament could also have brackets for each group of levels. So maybe levels 10-16, 17-21, 22-26 & 27-31 could make up 4 different brackets, so this way players of all levels can be involved.

I think this would be a great idea as it would encourage team play for the first time -- this is something that should be encouraged, but the current leaderboards do not give any rewards for good teamwork, only for individual play.

I realize there are some logistical problems with such a tournament, such as what if a player from one team is a no show, or how do you manage to get everyone together at the same time. So maybe this tournament would have to last a period of a couple of weeks to get everything done properly. But I think it would be loads of fun.

Please make this happen STS!!
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-11-2013 at 01:20 AM.