Thread: OFF TANK Warrior Build Inquiry

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo View Post
    Let's just say I got tired of being one of the supporting roles in the party.
    I thought I might chime in here mate from the perspective of a rogue and this is one of the points I think that's really striking me as odd...

So - basically what you're saying is you want to be the primary role in a party from what I gather here? supporting role lends me to believe you feel as though your job is a secondary job compared to what everyone else is doing... correct me if I'm wrong... and by everyone else I mean rogues and mages.

So here goes:
    To help you out here... you're not a supporting role. You're a primary role. If anyone is support, it's rogues and mages...

Think of it this way:
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull cove without a Tank? No
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull Cove without a Rogue? Yes (just bring a tank and three mages)
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull Cove without a Mage? Yes (just bring three rogues)
    Can a nonmythic non-pro group run Skull Cove with only Tanks? Yes Albeit i'm sure it would be slow - it would be possible

Second point:
    I used to play a tank well as DPS in a number of different games... Don't be offended, I'm saying this with the utmost love and respect for my fellows who tank by my side and take the hits so I can dish them out... ahem Kill and Crow And King when you're not in your dress

Tanks DPS is just never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to reach anywhere near what a rogue and mage can output. You can be a high damage output tank - but realistically Dots and AOEs included - rogues and mages dish out somewhere in the realm of 10k per second with large crowds even small crowds are getting like 3k per second, heck maybe more - since there's no log as Taejo pointed out - it's hard to tell.

So... I dunno - hope I added some value - I love seeing people running with theoretical specs and trying to determine the best ways to run. So... option - C - from me
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 07-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender