Thread: A Proposal to STG

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    1. Yeah I knew that, therefore I opened a lot of golden warchets when they were 20-30k. Thy should give a small chance to loot them in copper and slver chests too.
    That's not a bad suggestion. But the odds would be so so low I don't know if it would make much of a difference. Even getting a legendary item in copper chests is extremely rare. In any case, I doubt adding an extremely low chance of a mythic or arcane item in elite silver and copper chests would make a big difference in the supply of those items, so it shouldn't affect prices much. I wouldn't have a problem with STS impementing this suggestion. It would bring up prices of elite copper and silver chests slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    2. That just proves why its not worth opening or farming for Elite chests. Youd have to open atleast 500 elite gold warchests to ever be able to loot a mythic, not everyone has time to farm 500 warchests just to loot one mythic. And people want mythic sets so non plat users would need 2000 elite gold warchests to loot 4 mythic items (mix and match to get full mythic set).
    As I mentioned in my post, opening chests or crates hoping to loot specific items is ALWAYS a bad gamble. Why? Because the value of chests/crates is determined by the average value of all of the items you can loot by opening them. So the total value of all of the chests you open is almost always going to be much higher than any one specific item that you can loot, unless you get very lucky and beat the odds. I know everyone hopes to beat the odds, but they are called "odds" for a reason and most people will NOT beat the odds and get lucky.

Have you won the lottery recently? Do you think your chances will be better if you buy twice as many tickets next time? How about if you buy ten times as many tickets? See my point?

The best way to get your mythic items is to farm the chests and SELL THEM. Then save your gold and when you have enough, buy one of the items you need. Then start saving for the next one. That is what I did during the current season, and somehow I managed to save enough to buy a Hammerjaw Egg, Mythic Gun, Mythic Ring, and Mythic Pendant (I had enough gold to buy the mythic armor prior to season 4 starting). And I did all of this without ever opening a single elite chest. I did open a few crates hoping to get lucky (around 60 or so) and never got an item worth anything decent.

If you want to open a few crates or chests to see if you get lucky, then do so. But just as you wouldn't go to Las Vegas and put your life savings into a slot machine hoping to win the jackpot, don't do that here either. Just open an occasional chest if you really want to. But for most of them, you are better off selling.

And really, it doesn't matter if you can loot an Arcane Egg from a chest or not. So instead of it being an egg it would be a maul or hooks. I'm sure you can sell that item and then buy the egg you want from someone who looted one from a crate. It doesn't really matter which Arcane or Mythic item you loot. If it's not the one you want, then sell or trade it for the one you want or need. It's really easy.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-18-2013 at 04:53 AM.