Thread: A special thanks to the devs for PL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up A special thanks to the devs for PL

I would like to take this time to thank all the devs for creating and maintaining Pocket Legends over these last several years. Although I have only been playing since this past February, I still appreciate all the work that has gone into the game before I even began playing. I have seen the NUMEROUS posts and replies about how you all no longer care about PL.....about how you are only interested in your other games (AL in particular, and now the new BD).....but I for one have an ENTIRELY different perspective about all of this. Perhaps because I am an older / more mature player than most (42), and have children (4 girls, 3 boys) & 2 grandsons I tend to look at things differently. AL and BD are like other NEWER children to you devs, and a new child or children require more attention than the older sibling or siblings. Jealousy and envy oftentime ensue because the attention and focus are no longer mainly placed upon the older child. This is similar to what I see happening. Spoiled by PL having been the firstborn child, many can't appreciate what they have in this game for what they don't feel they are getting. And for those that would say that I haven't played long enough and would feel the same way if a year plus had passed without a cap I say that I can ALWAYS find a way to enjoy or make enjoyable ANY game I love. Football, basketball, shooting pool..........all of those are games as well, and nothing changes about them for the most part, and I STILL love them. If I'm bored I can always level up a new toon trying a different variation on its spec, farm, quest, etc. But the thing is that I'm only gonna have as much fun playing PL as I allow myself to have. Many should try to think of that because if the cap was raised tomorrow and new content added, I guarantee that many would complain about maps not being good enough, mobs to hard, drops, getting kicked from groups, you name it. I just want to be one of the few people if not the only one to say to all of the devs that I appriciate EVERYTHING about PL that you have done and shall do.....even if the cap is never raised nor any new content added. I have met some wonderful people in my guild, on these forums, and while playing because of this game. I've even saved money and avoided bad situations because of staying home playing PL instead of partying at times or doing other things. These things alone are enough for me to appreciate this game, and the people that have brought it to us. I can only imagine what the devs think and how they feel upon reading DAILY the negative posts and comments about how they don't care about PL and should do this and do that.....say this and say that. If I were a dev that would only frustrate me.....not motivate me. And for anyone that thinks PL will die if they up and quit playing and buying platinum on a regular basis the reality check is that NUMEROUS people begin playing this game daily, and many will play for years just as you have. So while you will be missed, PL will go on. World of Warcraft didn't miss a beat when I got pissed at them for the patch that nerfed level 10-19 twinks right before they released Wrath of the Lich King in '08 and quit playing along with hundreds.....possibly thousands. Thing is MILLIONS kept right on playing.

This post isn't meant to flame or target anyone in any way, shape, form, or fashion. I'm just hoping to enlighten some of another way of looking at this game and what the devs HAVE done as opposed to what they HAVEN'T. And mostly again to give props to all of you devs out there. Keep up the great work, and thanks a million for creating and maintaining this game for us all. I appreciate you as I'm sure many others do. So this post is for you all. Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend.

Dnlitndone - 76 Bear / Ronbeargundy - 1 Bear
    Imyobabymama - 76 Mage / Imyobabydaddy - 72 Bird
    Abnormalities - 71 Fox / Dnlitndonetwo - 53 Rhino
    Tinytwinkmage - 5 Mage / Finaljeopardy - 38 Mage

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gideon Jean-Claude For This Useful Post: