Thread: Fake contest, hope not.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Fake contest, hope not.

Why do I have a feeling that some contests here are just made up.

Topic starter with few posts (mostly posting a few words on other threads) asks a signature with great prize.
    Participants rush in. Some entries have quite same concepts and then topic starter announced its winner.
    Winner confirmed the deal and the topic starter vanished and never to return again without even using the signature (unless he reads this post and starts posting and using the sig to make it legit).

Been observing the pattern for weeks now and decided to come out and share my thoughts.
    Please expect a change of the contest routine especially after reading this one. Things will try to make it look legit from then on.

There's this one time that the participant and author's post got mixed up. Happened perhaps due to confusion between mule forum accounts and posts were removed. I hope I was just dreaming.

Perhaps, the objective here to get fame, which really requires good skills and legit contests.

I've been lurking in this forums and I can, somewhat, tell which contests are legit. Not to mention, these were created from active forumers/players, and been participated by really skillful people.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by iike; 09-06-2013 at 02:25 AM.