Thread: Get rid of the op wind buff

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Angry Get rid of the op wind buff

I personally believe mages need a slight armor buff. But besides that they are perfectly fine. However, it seems they whine waaaaay to much about their spells getting nerfed. Shield was the latest of their complaints; now, to recieve all the benefits, they must charge shield -.- wow what a nerf. You are not supose to get full benefits without charging a skill anyway! And my heal was reduced to around 60% its original strength in PvP. What did I do? I speced juggernaut and moved on. Maybe instead of wanting the skills with most potential upgraded you should try new combos. I recognize not all mages do this, but it is more common. Warriors have crap damage in PvP they now increased it, great. The heal reduction was a little too much for the small damage buff, but overall PvP kills have increased for me so its fine by me My biggest pet peeve is when I hear you ask for buffs in skills that are rediculous and actually get them.

-Now to my main argument. Wind now pushes mages foward instead of backwards. When I heard this I thought "why would this help at all?" The answer is flagging; which is fine now every class has a dash skill. Here's the difference (why wind is OP). Wind dashes the caster TWICE as far as my skyward strike, and applys a movement speed buff. I was trying to use axe throw and skyward strike while using ethyl to slow the smurfs down, but had zero chance. This is why:

1)they dash TWICE as far as skyward strike (I cannot stress that enough).

2)unlike skyward strike (and the rouge dash skill which I have failed to remeber the name of) the mage dash isn't aimed at the nearest mobs. They can have five warriors straight at them and simply brush past them (not to mention it stuns us temporarilly giving the mages an even bigger lead). If I use skyward strike on a wall of five warriors I hit the nearest target and am in immidiate range of any mele attack, I can say with 100% confidence I would die a lot less if I could jump over any enemies I didn't want to fight. Call it "skyward jump over everyone" and it would be the mage equivalent.

3)mages are ALL stun. These slippery devils were hard enough to catch before you gave them the best dash/run-away skill in the game. Clock, fire, and ice can any (by its self) help mages run away as long as they have shield and wind. So there are three builds that make them uncatchable.

-Here are my suggestions (anyof the listed will fix there OP ability to be untouchable):

A) reduce dash for mages so that it isnt so long a distance that other classes have zero chance of catching up.

B) convert wind to a ramming skill where they dash at (not through) mobs as a mini tornaedo, this way it becomes an offensive instead of run-away skill (forces mages w/ wind to fight some what).

C) make wind a longer cool down. As it is currently everytime I'm even close to mele range their wind skill is recharged at they are gone again. If they used less often maybe I would have a chance to land more than two blows of super low damage courtesy of shield.

D) if you remove the push back effect in wind it can become a multiple hit attack. Just as they have the knife storm skill for rouges and the windmill skill for warriors; wind could become "cyclone" where the following happens:
    Cyclone: a tornaedo surounds the caster dealing damage every second for 3seconds. All enemies in range are stunned fir 2seconds upon cast
    Upgrade 1: duration of cyclone increases to 5seconds.
    Upgrade 2: extend radius of cyclone (I will leave exact radius figures up to sts).
    pgrade 3: cyclone now increases movement speed and armor for four seconds. Any speed impediments are also removed for four sconds (aka windmill prevents stopping flatters, and flag won't reduce the casters movement speed. This will also be great for escaping the purple goo in shuyal maps).
    Upgrade 4: Cyclone deals 15% more damage a hit.

E) give all classes a skill buffed this much. Perhaps change the 5% armor in rally cry to 25% and the movement speed to 40%. And I'm sure rouges would love noxious bolt to leave an acid patch that deals heavy damage similar to Krunch's.

(Obviously option E was ridiculing the wind upgrade, please don't buff noxious bolt or rally cry in these ways)
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 09-15-2013 at 01:37 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post: