Thread: How damage nerf affected us rhinos.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Default How damage nerf affected us rhinos.

Hello, this is shadowstar.

I would like to bring up the topic on the damage nerf.
    The damage nerf in pvp did make things better in some people's eyes, and in others they hate it.
    However, I see both. The damage nerf did make things a bit more skill based, which is good. I like it very much in that way.
    But it kind of affected the rhino too. Rhinos cannot do any, or very little damage now in pvp.
    Now I expect this "WTF SHADOW WTF YOU TALKING you don't know anything you're young rhinos not meant to kill blah blah blah"....
    Well I do know that rhinos are not expected to kill, but their skills in CTF are huge. But before nerf, rhinos COULD kill, even when they're not supposed to.

I secretly made a vow before to try and make the rhino a good class for pvp, as some people thought it was stupid. (I do know how gragorak made many different level rhinos, and I respect him for that, as well as his other qualities)

Well I successfully did it at 30/32 and at 40 too. I could kill lots of people, except for fb people, but I could still kill.
    Now, when I look in 30 pvp, I see rhinos. Idk if it was me, but I remember when I was 32, there were no other rhinos, except for one who retired.
    When I left 32, I saw more 30 rhinos.
    At 40 I could kill too, but I left after dmg nerf, because simply I couldn't kill ANYTHING. Mages just killed me when I ran out of mana, I didn't do dmg to them.
    Same for bears at 40.
    I left to 51, and I found it fun as a 51 rhino, but I found I could only kill:
    Dex birds
    Int mages
    SOMETIMES dex mages.
    A good dex Mage against me is endless.
    And bears.....I'm afraid to say that rhinos vs bears, it is endless. Rhinos now no longer do any damage, or very little, so a bear can tank the low dmg hits very easily. However, the bear does not have as much armor as armor, so his attacks don't do much against the fully buffed rhino, with many armor, AND two healing skills. So it's endless, and I can't get a hit in because of his dodge, and he can't get good dmg against me. And I also have 26 mana regen, so I don't run out of mana. Here it comes again "-.- shadow rhinos aren't meant to kill u dumb noob they're support #ignored" well before nerf, rhinos COULD kill, and I could do decent dmg. But after, I DONT DO DMG AT ALL.

I don't know about 56+ rhinos, I only know at endgame, rhinos are successful, because there is ALWAYS CTF games at endgame.

So I'm requesting some kind of boost added to the rhino, dmg wise, because frankly, they can't kill as much (or not even kill) anymore.
    Reason I made this thread was to get feedback from people, and cook up some suggestions how rhinos could be balanced out to the other classes, because as far as I see, this dmg nerf isn't going anywhere soon. Rhinos are also one of my two favorite classes, so there's another one.
    I do indeed know I will get flamed for this, and get the repeating answer "rhinos aren't meant to kill" which I explained up there^

-Shadowstar

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caiahar For This Useful Post: