Thread: New Idea for Vanity Items: Special Effect Vanities

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I would actually love to see this as more of additional proc slot with some visible effects.

Kind of like a Fire Crystal with an additional "Ignite" proc that some of the weapons already have and grants a fire halo effect, or an Ice Crystal with snowflake effect that adds +Armor, or Mana Crystal that adds +Mana Regen with some other sort of effect.

Personally, while I like the effects, I would also like them to do something a little bit useful (unlike banners).
    Hey Syntax! While I think it's a terrific idea to have these effects being more purposeful rather than just for aesthetics, the potential problem I foresee is if the procs you mention would ever be too powerful. The community already has a distinct power gap between mythic and non-mythic users, and the rich vs the poor. If for example there was an effect item which would consistently proc the same kind of panic effect Slag's arcane ability has, I could see players complaining without end about it being OP, especially in PvP and combined with pets. The most powerful of the effect items would become highly sought after, making them not only expensive (and potentially unattainable for most), but would create a greater divide between the haves and have-nots. They could, essentially, become the new generation of mythic items (expensive, highly desirable, powerful, crucial to be competitive).

What I like about the creation of a pure vanity special effect/aura slot is that, though the cooler looking ones may be more expensive, they would not be considered a necessity for competitive playing and players would not feel like they needed to acquire them in order to stand a chance against top caliber players (the way mythics are being viewed as a must-have now, if you want to be a serious competitive PvPer).

Perhaps that potential problem could be managed if none of the procs were too overpowered, or if they just did not activate during PvP matches and only for PvE gaming.

Either way, it's more food for thought and I thank you for the interesting suggestion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reflexivity For This Useful Post: