Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Ultimate Solution to our PvP Woes: Equipment Rarity Room Filtering!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lightbulb The Ultimate Solution to our PvP Woes: Equipment Rarity Room Filtering!

First off, I’m sorry if a thread has already been posted offering a similar solution. I tried my best to search through previous threads and I found several complaining about the lack of fairness in PvP, but none offering this particular solution.

As I mentioned, many threads out there talk about the unbalance in PvP. And I agree; I find the current PvP system to be very broken. Back when mythics weren’t as common as they are now and not too many people owned them, I used to love to PvP. I love the thrill and the challenge of going up against other players with different strategies and tactics, and testing mine against theirs. However, as we all know, since the increase in the circulation of mythic items, many issues have developed with regards to fairness and balance. And with the way it has been recently, I’ve stepped away from PvP.

I am not here to slander mythic items or their users, but in order to continue onto my solution, I need to acknowledge that a problem exists, so I’m just going be honest: a non-mythic user will always be at a disadvantage compared to a full mythic user. Regardless of player skill and strategy, the fact that a fully geared mythic players can take more hits and dish out more damage gives them an edge, even if their tactics are terrible.

Now, I’ve read a lot of threads out there that like to place the blame on someone, which isn’t right. Some non-mythic users may say that mythics should be prohibited in PvP, but that isn’t right considering those people probably worked hard to acquire those items and should be allowed to enjoy their benefits. Some mythic users say that “non-mythic users just need to work harder” and devote more time/effort to the game in order to gain those items, but that isn’t fair to say either. Personally, I am a level 36 capped rogue who has been playing since the level 16 cap days. I’ve always worked hard to be successful in this game and I’ve farmed my butt off, but I’ve never managed to make over 500k in my entire time playing (laugh at me if you want, but I’m serious). I don’t own any mythic gear aside from my Slag and Leprechaun pendent (plat purchases from doing free offers), and I’ve come to accept that I probably never will obtain a mythic helm/armor/weapon/necklace/pendant. My life and schedule just don’t allow for the time necessary to play enough/merch efficiently to accumulate those items, and that’s okay. But that doesn’t mean I still don’t like to enjoy PvP. I relish being able to go on and play PvP in short 10-20 minute bursts here and there throughout the day. That gives me my gaming fix as opposed to PvE, which I find rather boring.

So in order to appease everyone so that everyone can walk away satisfied, I propose filtering PvP rooms not only by level as it currently is, but also by equipment rarity. Rooms would be divided into the categories of Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythic, Arcane, and Any. Below are what the rules would be:

• The current level bracket grouping system would still be intact, allowing you to fight players a couple levels higher or lower than you, but nothing too drastic.

• The Any room would be similar to how current PvP is, where any rarity equipment can be used against other players. You will be able to fight players geared similarly, higher, or lower than yourself.

• For all of the rooms excluding the Any room, players can wear equipment lower than or at the rarity of the room they want to join, but not beyond it. So you can fight in rooms where people are geared higher than you, but not lower than you (the sole exception is the Any room). For example, I could wear all Epic items and play in the Epic, Legendary, or Mythic room if I wanted. But players with even one Legendary item and the rest Epic would be prohibited from entering the Epic or below room.

• Pet rarity will also be taken into account. For example, if I am wearing all Epic items but am using Malison (a Legendary pet), I cannot enter the Epic room. I would be forced to either swap out Malison or enter the Legendary/Mythic/Arcane/Any room.

• To prevent players from abusing the system, once you enter the room, you are bound to that equipment rarity or lower. For example, if I went into the Legendary room and wanted to switch weapons, I can switch to any weapon Legendary or below, but no Mythics or Arcanes. This applies towards pets as well. So if I am in the Legendary room, I can swap out my Malison for another pet Legendary or lower, but I wouldn’t be able to call out a pet like Slag, which is mythic.

By adopting these rules, players of all levels would be able to truly thrive and enjoy PvP, regardless of what equipment or pets they may or may not have. Imagine the possibilities. Just for fun, level 36 end-game players could gear up in all Common equipment and face other players in the same level bracket wearing similar gear. Gutsy players who want a challenge can fight against players with better equipment than themselves. It wouldn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, mythic user or non-mythic user, plat-user or not, or just somewhere in-between. No one would be forced to fight against better-geared players unless they choose to. No one would be able to totally obliterate another player in PvP because the individuals that players fight against would be similarly geared (unless a player is gutsy and walks into a higher geared room, where in that case the lower geared player made a conscious decision to do that, instead of being forced against his will). Balance and fairness would be maintained. PvP would be fun for all again!

Please devs, I hope you really consider this proposal. PvP is one of the major selling points for me in any game I play, whether it’s a game on a console, computer, or phone. Once I do all there is to do in PvE, the only real reason for me to play is the thrill of going up against other real people out there. I know a ton of people feel similar to how I do. Please make this happen, devs. The community will thank you for it, big time!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Reflexivity For This Useful Post: