Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
x is a letter there. on the internet, "times" in maths is written *

As for this problem, i'm not american, so I'm not 100% sure I fully understood the sentences (Zonal values is the range of prices?) and Z is the tax the seller has got to pay once he sells the stuff?

However, I could do those stuff :

If the seller is clever, he will try to get profit from its sales, so that,
Z=(6%)C because he will sell at his selling price (C); which is higher than B (which is the market price which is under C if he wants to make profit)

If the buyer has got to pay the tax (Z), he will have to pay (Tax+selling price): Z+C=C+(6%)C= (106%)C (106% of the price the seller wanted to sell the stuff for), the seller will get (C-B)$, since he bought the stuff for B$ and sells C$ and the rest will go as a tax.

106%C-Z=C so the seller should get ((106%C-Z)-B)$ profit, and the buyer pays (106%C) and get the item

Should be this Nevertheless, I didn't implement A to esuations so I don't think it is ok :/.. I don't know what "zonal values" mean so..
I'll make it simple, supposing:

A: 1,000,000.00
B. 750,000.00
C. 950,000.00

Scenario A

If Seller pays the tax (Z), the equation is Z = 6% x A, remember we only need to get the highest amount among the A, B, and C. This is easy.

Scenario B

If Buyers pays the tax (Z), I don't know the equation, but Z needs to be added to C to get a new selling price. How do I get Z and what is the equation?