Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
I totally understand your point of view, reflex. Your look at the bigger picture just has some irks.

Low level players, that are legitimatly 16, have no big incentive to go pvp. They have the bigger incentive to level up, make gold and get good gear (and maybe then return to lvl 16 with a twink and excellent gear). Also, you're not one of them? So where's the problem? I dont see any legitimate lvl 16 player complaing about pvp.

Almost ALL players you find in lvl 16 or lower pvp are Twinks. Believe me. been there.

So if you love pvp just for itself, make a twink, get it geared up and go there.

If you want compete End Level Pvp, get geared up (and yes, if neccessary, get some myth gear - weapon although should suffice) and go there.

This way all your problems are solved.

See, your suggestion just would create new problems. Thatswhy it is better to "circumvent" it this way.

It lies in the nature of pvp that only the fittest survive, so there is no way around best gear, no matter wich level.

So the answer to "how do I compete without myth gear?" is, twinking below level 26 (the first myth-gear-level).
Hey Frohnatur, I understand where you are coming from and I appreciate the input.

Sure, I may not be a low level player with no alternate accounts and no other means for funding myself, but I still care about how the game is like for those people. After all, at one point in time we were all once in their shoes.

You're right, those legitimately low level players may not have any big incentive to PvP and they will probably benefit more from leveling up and doing PvE. But they still deserve the right to PvP if their heart desires, and if that's what they find fun and enjoyable in this game. Who are we to say they shouldn't just because they are low level/poor/badly geared?

I know you may not agree with my outlook on twinking, and that's alright. You're a cool, level-headed person, I respect your input. But I still feel that by creating twinks, we are negatively impacting the experiences of those who are legitimately low level, and they're forced to deal with those problems we create for them because they have no say in the matter.

Maybe we can just agree to disagree? XD