Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post

Seriously though - we as a forum need to stop trying to measure the worth of someone by the number of "rep" bars they have and rather by the quality of what they say. The fact that a person is making a thread asking how to get rep is itself a sign of how big an issue this has become; somebody's sense of self worth has become about how much rep they can get.
    I do agree with you, although I feel that, to a certain extent, having the reputation system keeps things more-so intact (this a huge generalization). I couldn't care less about my reputation, considering I'm rarely on PL and only appreciate being part of this community, hoping to see some sort of development through the time I've invested. I only suspect those who are new to the a new virtual community would like to put their own names out to begin their own reputation. Heck, I remember playing Runescape back when I was too immature, and only wanted to become some "famous" person (nerdy, right?).

That being said, this type of system could perhaps keep newcomers (especially to a forum) from trolling, raging, and flat-out annoyance. I remember seeing all these trolls back in the days of a no-reputation system, and although, presently, the quality of posts have gone down, the quality of the overall community is at a positive level. I advocate for quality posts/threads... but it is what it is.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: