Thread: Newbie -- Rogue.. Have a few questions..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Newbie -- Rogue.. Have a few questions..

Hi all,

New to the game -- used to play Order & Chaos but it got boring lol.

Anywho -- I'm kind of confused on how to play this game...
    So please answer any that you can.. I would greatly appreciate it
    Also even though some questions you can say it's up to me, I have ZERO opinion on what I think is best so I'd rather follow guidance of someone rather than myself

1. Is there a build that is at least solo-able for rogue? (PVE) I'm finding a lot of times I'm usually in an instance by myself or sometimes 2 or 3 people but they usually leave right away. But for the most part there's usually at LEAST one person with me...

2. Since I've been reading the past 2-3 pages of the rogue forum (Didn't go past that since I assumed there were some major updates from 2012-2013 so I deemed those irrelevant) rogue is supposed to be DPS.. hence low survivability.. so am I supposed to be looking for DEX + STR armor or DEX + INT armor... or STR/INT? (I think I read somewhere on another forum someone saying dex was irrelevant for rogue) Also -- Can someone give me a list of what stats to look for first? DEX, then STR, then crit/dodge... Like a list of EVERYTHING? For the most part, what I gathered was Rogue is best to go Full DEX so correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Since I don't know what is best -- I've been just putting all points into DEX but I realize that Mana is a huge problem for me. I can only use around 2-3 skills before having to pot up (or is potting up ALL the time normal? Not a fan of spamming pots :P )

4. Can someone give me a skill build for at least up to level 20-25? I looked at the thread about people's builds when respecs were free and a lot of people have like 6 different skills when you can only hold 4 so I'm wondering which 4 I should be using right now? (I'm level 20)

5. What does it mean when a weapon has green dots hovering around it and when a weapon has white specs but blue? (looks like ice/frozen) As well as other animations on weapons? (Like in the shop I see black circles going around a weapon)

6. Lastly, i think this on goes hand in hand with number 2. Do I Auto Attack a lot or what? AKA do I WANT to have armor with more DPS?

I think that's all I can remember right now... ANY help would be appreciated Game is pretty fun.
    Edit: I like using daggers Not sure if I have to have a bow too or not though but yeah
    Last edited by Tatipu; 10-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.