Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs down Opinions and feedback on the damage nerf

Hello everyone,

I twinked low levels a lot in late 2012 and early-mid 2013 and I really enjoyed it. I was away for 3 months and came back because I heard that forg bows were nerfed. I found out that I could do almost no damage on my 23 mage which used kite/nuke builds when I came back. I went on the forums and found out that there was a damage nerf in pvp that was supposed to make fights "interesting" and "strategic." Right away when I saw this piece of news, I got quite upset, because I loved how pvp was before forgotten came out. I tried a few more rounds, and after that I thought that the so called "more strategic" and "interesting" should be called "longer" and "dull." I came back just days after the nerf set in, and there were still people playing at low levels, but later I observed that the number of low level twinks started declining rapidly in the 22-27 range, especially birds, who heavily relied on dodging/and forg bows. Low levels(20-22) are dominated by rhinoes and foxes now, who use ridiculously overpowered rhino-3 piece plat pack. Bears have also become overpowered. Most bears I see are wearing the bear-4 piece plat pack, which is also very overpowered, and has become more overpowered because of the damage nerf. Everyone in low levels is using tank builds, because it's impossible to nuke. I'd say that the nerf probably helped endgame a lot, but has completely busted low levels, it's like a seesaw. I appreciate sts's efforts to balance out pvp, but I'd have to say that they unbalanced it even more. Birds: impossible to use in low levels. Bears: dominates low levels. Foxes: dominates low levels. Rhinoes: dominates low levels. Mages: Average in low levels. Like many people said, the solution is to not nerf damage as a whole, but to nerf overpowered sets, like 56 sm, savage etc. Finally, did we even ask for a damage nerf? From my understanding, NO. Endgamers probably wanted a nerf because they deal way too much dmg, but most low lvls liked pvp how it was before.

I'd also have to say that although sts put in some effort to make pvp better, they made it terrible for players who liked it as it was. I think sts should remove the damage nerf, and come up with solutions that would make everyone happier, such as nerfing overpowered sets. If sts doesn't want to nerf low level plat sets or other sets, removing the damage nerf would also give other non-plat users a chance against those overpowered sets. I feel like low level pvp is very, very, very dull right now, sometimes I get so bored that I consider quitting again. I know different people have different opinions, but I'm sure that many low level twinkers will agree with what I'm saying. If they could restore pvp to before the forgotten era, since no one uses them anymore, that would be best.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountains For This Useful Post: