Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrades Official Feedback Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    All valid points. The big thing about the upgrade and crafting system is beyond what you currently see. This is the starting point, where we go from here obviously is unknown and incredibly fascinating. Mixed stats, Snare effects, visual effects... there are a large number of ideas already mentioned on the forums and floating around the office.

I can appreciate your concerns in the simplicity of the system at its current level, however it's really the potential for what it holds for the future that excites us on the development end.
    All good points!

I'll just add to my previous comments this: now that I've had a chance to play a couple of days since you guys nerfed the huge drop rates on the essences, I like it quite a bit more. Now it actually seems like a challenge to get essences and build gems, and I believe gems will be worth something decent, while gear with a super gem will be worth a considerable amount.

As long as the essences say somewhat scarce, then it will indeed be something interesting. After the initial rollout, I was just afraid that after a couple of weeks every pro player would have 3 super gems on every piece of mythic/arcane gear, and then it would just become rather boring. But now it's looking like this is indeed NOT going to happen, and I applaud you guys for making this adjustment.

Even though it may seem unpopular with the masses, like many things in life the masses do not always know what they really want. Like the saying goes, "be careful what you wish for as you might get it!" We saw that happen a few months back when people asked for cheaper pinks and they got crate pinks. Somehow it did not make them all happy as they expected it would.

People might complain at times that the game is "too hard". But I doubt those people will quit, they will just keep trying harder. On the other hand, people will rarely complain that the game is "too easy". Instead they will just lose interest and quit.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.