So, Gurgox has a "trick" (you gotta grab a shield when he growls), but does the GO?

Most people say "buy pots" or "use the glitch" and both of these are ridiculous answers IMO. If these are the only ways to fight the guy, then the devs have failed at making a fun game. They have only succeeded in tricking us into burning thru our gold, or relying on bugs.

I know that the barrels will drop his shield, as will one of the bird skills. Unfortunately, the shield pops right back up almost immediately after using a barrel to drop his shield, so that little gameplay mechanic is a fail at this point as far as I'm concerned, but I like the idea of requiring some kind of intelligent teamwork to use the barrels to kill him.

Also, what is the deal with the electric attack? How does that work? Does it just hit everyone, or is there some kind of logic to it? I'm looking for something like: "If you do X, then you will not get hit by the lightning." I've heard someone say they would test if line of sight is the key, i.e. stand behind the tank and you won't get hit. That would be cool because at least now you have a chance to avoid an attack that can one-shot most pure int enchantresses.

Anyway, I love the Gurgox battle. It is something different and fun, challenging yet not impossible without pots. Well executed game design, so Kudos to whoever designed it. Whoever designed the GO battle needs to step up their game and make it fun... unless there is some real trick to this fight that nobody has seemed to figure out yet.