Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think a good reason why many players left PL for AL is because of the selfish thinking of PL players. Perhaps y'all don't realize it now, but this exclusivity thinking is what kills the game. Y'all are thinking: me, me, mine, me, me? Oh wait, what about me!?

The fact is this:
    • The more exclusivity there is in a game, the less players want to play. This is especially true if other players have an advantage over them that they can never obtain.

In AL, they learned from those mistakes. It doesn't matter if you start today - you can still earn every single item in the game as if you played from day one. There are very few to I daresay no amount of exclusive vanities/rare items that hold an advantage like they do in PL.

@Angel
    You do not need a 3 piece ring at end-game, yes. However, the question is, why can they not earn one?

You have earned your ring, correct? How does changing the way rings are given effect your ring? Let me answer that for you - nothing has changed about it. You paid for what you received and have enjoyed it for years. To say no to others is just pure selfishness and greed.

The vanities you have gotten will forever remain exclusive, as they should be. However, no stat advantage should be exclusive and unobtainable - I say this for founders helms as well. This sort of thinking is what contributed towards the killing off of PL.

The amount of veterans in this game is small and does not represent the income for STG. By not allowing fellow new players to come, support the game, and stick around due to selfish desires is what kills the game. I do not know how many times I need to repeat it for people to see that this has in fact become a reality.

Again, I will state that all these selfish desires and need to be exclusive is what kills PL. In AL, there are many exclusive weapons and whatnot as well - however, they can be earned through the hard work of earning gold. PL does not provide that at all.

That's all,

~Zeus
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: