Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Default Changes to Mages!

Hey AL players and developers (I hope),

This season has seen mages being significantly more weak than the last due to the damage nerf. But that's not the entire reason...mages simply do not have enough survivability.

Disclaimer: These ideas are NOT entirely mine. They are from several community members and some from my own marvelously intelligent smurfish head.

Here we go...

I. An Armor Buff:
    A mage has the lowest armor of all classes in the game, which partially explains why rogues always one-shot us. Instead of nerfing rogues, why not buff our armor? I'm sure most, if not all, mages would like to see their armor comparable to a rogues'.

II. An Armor Buffing Skill Addition:
    This works as an and/or to 1. A neat option would be to merge the mana and heal regen upgrades in Lifegiver into one Regen upgrade, and making the last upgrade one that temporarily increases armor of all allies by, say 30%. So when the mage is about to die and casts Lifegiver which heals like 60% hp, the mage is also increasing armor so his death won't be quite so fast.

III. Reduce Stun Invulnerability for Mages' skills:

If STG could make the stun invulnerability FOR MAGES way lower than its current (I believe) 7 seconds it'd make mages much more a deadly foe in PvP. A decent time would be 3 seconds, which means all of our charged fireball (which, let's be honest, is the only skill other than gale force that stuns for mages - more on that later) attacks will stun! This wouldn't be too different from warriors stacking skyward smash's stun and arcane maul proc.

IV. Make Ice a Stunning Skill:
    This isn't very probable but...If Ice could stun as well as freeze, it would be great to use in 5v5s and 1v1s. It would, of course, be subject to stun immunity so it wouldn't be OP but I think this would work great if worked correctly. It would also be tons more useful than Gale Force IMHO.

EDIT: I realize this would work better if Ice was made to ROOT instead of stun, similar to Crawly. The rooted player would still be able to fire skills but would be unable to move.

V. Buffing Arcane Staff:
    The staff in itself is the best weapon a mage can have but honestly, it isn't quite comparable to mauls and hooks back in their day. IMHO, its partly due to its disgusting proc - compared to a maul's its pathetic. I propose making it:
    +60 INT, +30 STR, +30 DEX, and a stun. Sure, it's OP, but isn't that what arcanes are supposed to be?

I realize most of these suggestions revolve around fixing the squishiness of mages, but that's what I intended for in the first place.

Constructive criticisms are welcome. Please voice what you have to say!

EDIT: I just thought I'll post some of the other interesting threads about mages and buffing (as per .Sorc.'s recommendation):

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=134933
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=134319
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=134519

Too lazy to dig up more...

Anyway this has become quite a problem. I hope the Devs have a solution for us!
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 01-25-2014 at 05:19 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: