Thread: Process improvement suggestion - trade dispute

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Question Process improvement suggestion - trade dispute/hacked acc.

Dear all,

Based on recent events multiple players seems to experience lately and STS standpoint on the particular issue I raised, I have created following process improvement suggestion which I believe all legit players would benefit from and it might help to improve customer satisfaction rating.

Pre-notes:
    This process assumes there was a claim raised and initial investigation showed there is a reason to believe the trade/gift function was used by a different individual than the rightful owner of the account in question. (e.g. different than usual IP range used at the time of trade, different IS provider, trade was a "freebie", etc. – refers to your internal documentation/investigation processes which are not known to me)

Flowchart:

Name:  flowchart.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  92.9 KB

Affidavit (declaration on word of honour):

Statement must be authenticated by public notary, so it is a legitimate document that can be used in further escalation via regular legal process outside of Spacetime Studios if required.

I [Name, Surname, ID number] hereby declare:
    I am the only rightful owner and user of the Google account [name Google account]
    I declare I did not consciously or willingly participate in a trade or gift of following items within Arcane Legends game owned by Spacetime Studio Games Company:
    [list items]
    I also hereby agree that this statement can be used by Spacetime Studio Games Company in order to support my claim for the listed items return process as necessary.
    Place: ………………..
    Date: ……………….. Signature: ……………….

Conclusion:

- Given I am operations guy, I specialize in process creation/improvements only – the correct legal wording of the affidavit to be acceptable for given purpose is something that definitely needs further improvement – something your legal dpt. Can have a look at.
    - 99% of players that are attempting to cheat won`t go through the additional notary costs/process to prove they did not attempt to cheat, while the players that are really the victims would gladly do it – just to have a chance to have their items returned (I rather pay the notary fee, postal cost and even accept the ban that assumes I tried to make real money business even though I didn`t than not having any chance for justice at all)
    - There are no additional costs and minimal additional effort to your company/support dpt. Any further disputes on the given topic are carried via regular legal processes outside of your company / support structure
    - I might be overlooking something and given you are more experienced I am looking forward to see what constraints/blocking points you see in this process improvement suggestion.

Regards,
    Peter.
    Last edited by Smurfo; 03-07-2014 at 07:50 AM.