Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Default My pet experience as Warrior

I had gribbit initially, then went for the shiny and bought Abbadon for 250 plats. I was getting beat up a lot by bosses like Bloodhammer, Frostir, Cap'n Bluecrab etc.. So I started reading this forum and googling what pets are best for warrior. I bought the following :-

Flapjack, Clyde, Kelvin, Deary and Loki.

For me Flapjack is pretty awful. I stopped levelling this stupid excuse of a bird (level 17). I read he was awesome against mobs and increases damage and wotnot. Well! All I ever found him to do is spin and wave his tail feathers in an arcane radius no bigger than an ants head, and then the mobs just laugh and tear into me!

I then looked into pets that could stop the boss attacks, major concensus was Clyde with his stun ability. I bought this guy for 90 plats I think. Yeah his stun is pretty good, works on the bosses and the stun radius is pretty large too. I like using Clyde on the bosses, gives the party some breathing space.

Kelvin was good too at stunning although his radius was smaller but his arcane ability re-generated faster than Clyde. I am sure his stun works against the bosses, I used him at Oltgars keep against that Yeti boss, I am sure he stunned the heck outta him and allowed sorcerers and rogues to do the damage, while I ran around like a headless chicken.

Someone mentioned on the interwebs that Deary was a stun troll, I bought him to stun the living hell outta Bloodhammer, it didn't happen, Deary was like too weak and got me slaughtered everytime!

I got Loki cos again enough people was raving about this pet, he is still on low level, so can't say much about him. Suppossed to be good against mobs and helps regen, time will tell.

Now back to Abbadon, he is good for tanking, his arcane ability radius is quite large, but seriously 250 plats! Not worth that much at all, I hope in the next expansion they do make him worth 250 plats, by simply allowing him to fart in the direction of elite bosses and knocking away half their energy.

Gribbit, I was being told he is best for warrior against bosses - 40% crit blah blah blah! I use him against bosses, I hit them, hardly do damage, they hit me and I respawn! Where the heck is that 40% crit !!!!!!

If you disagree or have better pet suggestions please comment, so that we can all learn from blindly buying pets and regretting them later.

P.S it's Ribbit not Gribbit *facepalm*
    Last edited by Waheedski; 03-11-2014 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Pulled a hamstring