Thread: AO3 Boss Strategies

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default AO3 Boss Strategies

After having been in countless groups of people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing, I've decided to post this as a means of venting. I'm just listing the ones people are having issues with but if people want to add onto this or clarify things then feel free to. Everything can then later be condensed into a single post for people to refer to.

Players should be at least level 45 to really be effective. Tanker and melee potions should be used to make things easier with tanker potions being the most useful of the two. They're both 1,500 each and you'll easily make enough from the drops leading to the bosses to afford them. If everyone wipes on a boss, then everyone should respawn. It's annoying for the mages who have to come look for you and you're usually within aggro range of the boss.

AO3 Map 4 - Gurgox the Great

He's incredibly easy if people know what they're doing. ONLY mages get the green orbs since they need to be able to resurrect people. NO taking more than ONE orb. I was in a game where some bear would go in and circle the room taking all of them. When he starts roaring, wait a few seconds before you take the orb otherwise it'll run out before he does his AOE attack. Headphones really help when you need to listen for the roar.

AO3 Map 5 - Galactic Overlord

If everyone is going to do a direct attack then they definitely need to use elixirs. Mages need to constantly be spamming heal when available. A bird should use whichever skill (break armor, blast shot?) it is of theirs that breaks his shield. If there's no bird in the party, save the barrels for when his shield is up. This means NO AOE attacks.

Most parties I've seen just glitch him. This is done by having the person with aggro hide in the corner closest to him (left) right before the gate. Usually the mages stay here as well and revive those who die in the OL room. You'll want one bird at least with two being better. The bird does his break attacks and attacks until he dies. A mage rushes in and revs everyone and then head back outside to the corner. This method is slower but it works if everyone does their part correctly.
    Last edited by Ayrilana; 12-25-2010 at 05:01 PM.