Both have 2 regular Glacial gems for a total of +6 INT.

In the picture I have the Firesquid equipped, and the +/- differences in the left panel show what would change with the Kraken Skewer equipped instead.

A few notes & thoughts:

1) Damage for both weapons is almost identical.

2) DPS for the Firesquid is much higher as the Firesquid is the faster weapon.

3) Proc for Kraken Skewer is MUCH better than for Firesquid. I believe the reduction in enemy armor & damage is automatic, while the +INT proc is occasional. The proc adds +15 INT which itself gives a nice damage & health boost. That added to the armor reduction results in the Kraken Skewer dealing more damage than the Firesquid when using your attack skills.

4) If you frequently find yourself using the regular weapon attack button more than two times in a row, then you can assume that the Firesquid will attack 3 times in the time period that the Kraken Skewer attacks 2 times, so therefore the Firesquid would allow an extra attack and this should more than make up for the slightly lower skill damage. However, if you find yourself never needing to use the regular attack that many times in a row and instead use it only once or twice before returning to your attack skills (after they have cooled down), then the extra speed (and DPS) of the Firesquid will go wasted.

5) The extra 16 STR given by the Kraken Skewer not only gives you more health, but also makes your arcane shield much stronger. The formula for how much damage the shield can absorb is [INT + (2 x STR)] x 3.5. So an extra 16 STR will cause your shield to protect you from 112 more damage. That together with the extra 80 health (shown in the pic below) means your defense will be boosted by 192 health (assuming you use arcane shield and have the proper upgrades).

Based on all these factors, it is my opinion that the Kraken Skewer is the superior weapon for PvP.

(BTW, JayB did some testing back in season 3 and concluded the same thing)

Name:  IMG_0181.PNG
Views: 398
Size:  361.6 KB

I have both of these weapons and they are both for sale. The firesquid is somewhat rare, but the Kraken Skewer is super rare and as confirmed by H2N, it is one of only 4 that exist in the game....

Name:  Kraken Skewer of Brutality.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  27.8 KB