Thread: 35 int bear-another lovely guide from scary :)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Default 35 int bear-another lovely guide from scary :)

Hello community. I've had a few requests in the past to make a guide on this topic and never got to it. Now that I'm back in 35 with another int bear I was reminded to do this when another person said I should. I've taught quite a few people before but they didn't do so well and gave up. Since I've been back I've haven't seen any other int bears other than one who just made the switch to it.
    So to start off, this is me:

Stats
    I've tried various stat setups and 112 int with the rest in dex is what I prefer.

Skills

Another more offensive skill setup is 6 rage, 6 taunt, 3 evade, 4 beckon, 1 stomp, 1 SMS, 1 crippling slash, 6 hell scream, 6 crushing blow.

Gears
    There's 2 main gear setups. Terror/tank and damage/nuke.
    Terror:
    This setup uses the str bone helm, voodoo robe, either dark wand of mastery or dreamers dark wand, a shrunken head bracer, and an armor ring. The object of the terror setup is to time your hell scream with the nightmare proc of the wand to debuff your opponent with the "terror!" combo.
    Damage:
    This setup uses the str bone helm, str bone armor, voodoo pin, a shrunken head bracer, and a damage ring. It is best on mages to counter their high heal and armor buff and kill them quickly. Since the damage nerfs the terror setup is no longer as effective on mages as it has around 20 less damage than the nuke setup.
    This is the different rings I use:

Combo
    Terror:
    Against bears: buffs, hell scream, crushing blow, beckon, stomp, SMS, cripple. Then when you see the nightmare proc use hell scream again.
    Against mages: use the damage setup
    Against foxes: pretty much the same as bear. Foxes deal a lot of damage to you and are fast killers so you want to debuff them quickly.
    Against rhinos: use damage setup. Their guardian buff prevents them from being debuffed by terror.
    Against birds: you won't see many of these but its fairly simple and the bear combo can kill them with no problem.
    Damage:
    Against bears: use terror setup
    Against mages: buffs, beckon, crushing blow, stomp, cripple, SMS, and time hell scream right after their heal so they can't heal out of it right away.
    Against foxes: buffs, hell scream, beckon, crushing blow, stomp, SMS, cripple.
    Against rhinos: pretty much same as mage combo
    Against birds: like with terror its simple and you won't see many anymore but the mage combo kills them with no problem.

I'd like to see more int bears again. There were quite a few pre-forg and I started to bring them back a little while ago but after I left and came back they're mostly gone.
    Last edited by programmed; 05-13-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to programmed For This Useful Post: