Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
As for skill switching, they should just make it so you cannot switch out a skill while it is in cool down. You have to wait until that skill is cooled down before you can switch it out.

As for balance, that is another issue entirely. The classes should be balanced without having to rely on skill switching, and this may take STS some further time to sort out, since switching skills has given them a false sense of class balance.

For example, warriors may not be quite as good as they have been. Since warrior skills have the longest cool downs, they will probably be most affected by this change, which I think we all agree will help class balance. But mages will also be affected. So we will have to see.

My suggestion for addressing the issue of class balance is to play with skill cool down times, not the skills themselves, and not damage amounts. So for example, if STS determines that mages have issues against warriors, but not against rogues, then they should ask themselves what skills do mages use against warriors that they do not use against rogues? Answer would be lifegiver. So maybe lower the cool down on lifegiver by a few seconds. I just give that as an example, but that is how class balance should be addressed. If rogues are causing too much damage too quickly, then maybe their cool downs on some of their skills should be raised.

It would be nice if we reach a point where a 1-on-1 battle is pretty even regardless of class, and is more dependent on gear and skill. The best mage should be able to beat the best warrior 50% of the time. And the best warrior should be able to beat the best rogue 50% of the time. And the best rogue should be able to beat the best mage 50% of the time.
^^^^^^^This!! An issue with buffing mages is that they can already kill a rogue in seconds, however doing something subtle like this will help mage class!