Thread: Inflation and how it affects the current player base as well as potential new players

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Default Inflation and how it affects the current player base as well as potential new players

I will start this off with my own personal experience playing Arcane Legends.

I started playing AL in season 4 as a warrior. As a new player my first goal was to get to the current lvl cap (31). Along the way i bought 1 bundle with auction slots and the guardian set from the store using 70 plat i had saved up by doing free offers (game downloads). Eventually i made it to the current lvl cap and i set a new goal for myself, i wanted the current mythic lvl 31 pavise (at the time was roughly 1.5m gold)

And so i started merching and continued farming, i started with cheap items many times only making between 1 and 5 thousand per item but eventually i achieved my goal and bought the pavise. My next goal was to find a good clan with which i could start to farm elites, By chance i was asked in town by lucaspeixoto if i wanted to join him for an elite run as they had three in their party and needed one good warrior, i said yes and after the run i was asked to join C.U. which i think was the best decision i ever made in game was joining CU.

Now i had achieved my first goal of a pavise, and my second goal of finding a great cap lvl clan.Now it was time for a new goal, so my new goal became mythic armor and helm (which at the time was about 5.5m-6m for the set) so i merched and farmed my way until i achieved that goal, never spending a dime on plat, only doing free offers.

So after about 4-5 months of playing ALOT i had achieved all my mythic dreams, i had myth weapon and myth armor and helm, all the best items in game, with the exception of arcane.

Now how does my personal experience tie into inflation you ask????

Simply put new players and non plat spenders no longer have attainable goals, when i started at lvl 31 cap i had the pavise carrot dangling in front of me,
    pushing me to attain my goal of a mythic weapon which at the time 1.5m was a totally realistic and reasonable goal to have. The amount of income a new player can make now is the same if not less than in season 4 when i started and yet those goal like items are 4 or 5 times more expensive now.

Now however new players no longer have that carrot dangling in front of them, last seasons mythic weapons are still close to 20 million, which is fairly unattainable to lots of veteran players nevermind the new players just starting out. and lets be honest they are not even this seasons weapons, they are last seasons weapons making them overpriced outdated items.......

2 factors make it this way

# 1 There are not enough mythic weapons in circulation anymore, season 4 had a more reasonable number of them in circulation which drove prices down

#2 The whales forget about the little guy and think that since they can afford them everyone can, alternatively they overprice them on purpose effectively forming an elitist group in game which alienates everyone else.

STS Make enough of these new mythics drop so they will at least be priced more fairly for your average player

Whales remember if u alienate the little guys too much they will all quit and there will be fewer and fewer people in your guilds and on your friends list that are actually active.

Heed my warning
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post: