Thread: Alterran "Risk", anyone?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Default Alterran "Risk", anyone?

I had an idea for a game to do a contest with. Help me feel it out in case there is something I'm overlooking. Feedback will also tell me if there's enough interested players ( will be prize $ for winning).

The idea is kinda like the board game "risk". Each player starts in one country (14 true towns, 14 players) and attacks and defends with the intent to rule the world. It is "turn based" meaning everyone gets a chance at conquering other players who share a border, until one rules all. The first to declare war by posting in the official thread has that advantage. The more active a player is in that thread, the better.

I imagine that the fights will be pvp *in ANY level range*.
    Say you represent wildwood, you want to war with forest haven, you would declare war in the official thread, then communicate with your adversary what level you would prefer. You and your opponent hash it out, until a level is decided. I figure that in the event that neither of you have a toon ready at a level that corresponds, anyone would have the ability to make a lv 10 or 15 twink to fight it out. After all, this is about a world champion who should have what it takes to take down anyone and maybe everyone.
    I will also accept players substituting a different champion in the case that no mutual level is agreed on. It would be up to the player on how they would compensate such a "mercenary" for their blood.

I will make a separate official thread for this where progress will be kept. It will contain a map that I will be updating as needed with shifting borders and current champions. I envision that the official thread will be where players declare war on their neighbors, then they would decide by themselves what level and what time to fight. Results should be screen grabbed and sent to me as proof, until all players have had a chance to declare war once (unless they were immediately defeated). Then the process repeats each round until fewer players repeat the process.

Will there be alliances ? Special conditions set by players? I'm open to it, this is war.
    It could be over in a week but more likely it will take a while before there is only one ruler of all Alterra.

So, any feed back? Are you interested in competing? No need to claim a town just yet, we're in beta here.

There can be only one.....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post: