Hey all! I just started playing yesterday and am enjoying the game so far. I used to play a priest in WoW (stopped a few years ago after I got married) and rolled a healer in this game. Just played through the first dungeon yesterday...after having bad groups for a while just running ahead I finally got in a great group w/ a tank that knew what to do and some good DPS. I was mostly able to keep everyone alive so I was happy with that.

Anyway, I found this game looking for a free MMO and was super excited about it when I first started reading. However, I than found out that you have to use real money to get certain gear and do other things...which I would prefer not to do.

My question is this: What is the platinum required to do? Besides buying expasions can I fully enjoy this game w/o spending real money? I read stuff on the forums talking about respecing costing real $$$ which would be disapointing since playing w/ specs was one of my favorite things to do in WoW. However, I wasn't sure if this mean just the points spent on abilities or for stats too. I am thinking that it is just for abilities since I saw buttons to decrease certain stats (so far I am pure int), but was not sure.

Can someone shed the light on this for me? I might not mind spending money to get more dugeons and such since there is no monthly fee, but if I need to spend real money to get the best gear or to respec I may not want to keep with this game.

Thanks in advance!