Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shady & Surge -- How they SHOULD be rewarded....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Shady & Surge -- How they SHOULD be rewarded....

STS has not yet told us how this new arcane pet will be rewarded. But they HAVE hinted how it will NOT be rewarded. They have said that it will be different than the Golbin event, so I would expect that it will be rewarded to more than the top 3 on the event leaderboard. They have also avoided saying that it will be available to be looted in locked crates. So that leads me to believe it will be rewarded in some other way.....

We all know that arcane pets require plat (unless you buy it for gold from someone who looted it by spending plat). Up until now, they have always come exclusively in locked crates. So I would not expect the plat issue to be any different here. It WILL require plat in some form or another to get an arcane egg. So here is my proposal that keeps consistent with STS requiring plat for this, but makes it more "fair" and less of a gamble...

1) On the open market, arcane pet eggs currently sell in the range of 6-7m (hammerjaw) to 20m-25m (Samael). I think most of us agree that Shady & Surge, while a great pet, will most likely not be as good for PvP as Samael. So for my purposes here, let's propose a value of 20m which is a nice hefty, but fair value for a new arcane pet.

2) Energy kits on the open market seem to average around 15k each.

3) Assuming the tokens in the Ursoth's Assault event are similar to the Goblin event, once you reach gold tier, you seem to get an average of 4 tokens for each trip through the portal.

4) 15k for an energy kit gets you 4 tokens on average. That means each token comes at a cost of approximately 3750 gold.

5) At that price, if you were to spend 20m on energy kits, you would end up with approximately 5333 tokens.

6) I propose that they sell the Shady & Surge egg from the token vendor for 5000 tokens. That means to earn this pet, you will have to go through the portal approximately 1250 times. I suspect that based on the time required to earn that many tokens, the price of this pet will go higher and end up closer to 30m, as the time spent is certainly worth some money as well.

7) Based on this suggestion, I propose that STS eliminate the 20 plat for 25 tokens offer at the token vendor. This would defeat the purpose of requiring the hard work to obtain the tokens. You cannot buy Dragkin teeth from the Dragkin teeth vendor. You must do the runs. So the same should apply here.

Since the Ursoth's Assault event is 3 weeks long, that means you will need to do around 60 runs per day through the portal. While that is certainly a big time commitment, I think it is something many dedicated players will pursue. I think many of us (including myself) who gave up during the Goblin event because of the super low chance of being able to make the top 3 on the leaderboard would once again be motivated to participate. And as each of us will need many hundreds of energy kits, STS will make a huge amount of plat sales. And remember, even if you do not have any plat, you can buy the energy kits for gold from someone else who purchased them for plat. So everyone can participate.

Any thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: